Cork and Kerry wants Jimbo's site

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
I very much support this opening, but I'm having a tough time figuring out how they are gonna get approved for an "incidental bar license"

Are they really gonna try and pay off ...?

yes

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
This would be really cool if it went down. It would be great for sox fans to have local place to hang and drink just blocks from the stadium and Cork and Kerry already has a pretty well known name and reputation with sox fans.

I wonder if they would keep it as Jimbo's. They bought Cork & Kerry after it burned down and kept the name. Jimbo's has the name in the Bridgeport area as Cork & Kerry does on the southside.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
I wonder if they would keep it as Jimbo's. They bought Cork & Kerry after it burned down and kept the name. Jimbo's has the name in the Bridgeport area as Cork & Kerry does on the southside.

I don't believe they're going to call it Jimbo's.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
I don't believe they're going to call it Jimbo's.

Some inside information I got on this last week was it was going to be called Cork and Kerry at the Ballpark.

Cork is a stumble away from the house I grew up in, but sentiment aside I would like to see them keep the Jimbo's name.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
I wish the Alderman from Chicago who represents that area would allow a beer garden so people could drink outside in a controlled environment during games, that is what destroys the atmosphere, not sure what that Daley hack is afraid of though.

Probably has something to do with noise. Its much more of a residential neighborhood and most sox games are at night during the week. Its the same concern residents of wrigleyville have/had, but the armour park area is full of more working class families than young 20 something bartenders.

I grew up in bridgeport -- my parents still live in bridgeport -- and with that said, Jimbo's sucked, so I hope they not only change the name, but everything about that cheap hole in the wall. A friend of mine was even a bartender there which made things very cheap for me...and I still thought that place sucked!

I hope this happens.

I absolutely CANNOT stand being served beer or any other drink in a plastic f***ing cup like I'm some immature college kid that has no respect. That place can blow me.