Is it Mathematically Impossible

jasonxctf

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Labor unions consist of hard working people. People like my parents. I have a little more sympathy for hard working middle class people over aristocratic bankers.

Because everyone knows they don't work hard or havent worked hard to put themselves in those positions...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Sadly, even the X-Box would think that unfair.

I don't know how, legally, you could make it work... but to me, the ideal model is to have a set amount per person maximum that could be contributed - and that's it. No money from any business, union, or other organization.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
Honestly I am more upset at the complete neglect of union influence while everyone cries about corporate influence. The complete misrepresentations of the issue are crap, yet no surprise at all.

ive been shocked by peoples negative attitudes towards unions as a whole over the past 10 years. i dont get it, at all.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
ive been shocked by peoples negative attitudes towards unions as a whole over the past 10 years. i dont get it, at all.

That's because Democrats think unions are the best thing eva. Why? They're a huge voting block. Certainly not for any other reason.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
That's because Democrats think unions are the best thing eva. Why? They're a huge voting block. Certainly not for any other reason.

Wouldn't have anything to do with minimum wages, prevailing wages, 40 hour work weeks, 5 day work weeks or the idea that having a seat at the table when it comes to the direction of your employment matters. It's clearly all votes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
Quite frankly, yeah. The "We're not seating them until they have all of the appropriate signatures" came about because the Senate didn't want to seat Burress, and then it was used to keep the Dems from seating Senator Franken during the legal challenges.

When did Buress and Franken run for office in MASS?

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Wouldn't have anything to do with minimum wages, prevailing wages, 40 hour work weeks, 5 day work weeks or the idea that having a seat at the table when it comes to the direction of your employment matters. It's clearly all votes.

For political people, it is. Nothing else matters.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
Labor unions consist of hard working people. People like my parents. I have a little more sympathy for hard working middle class people over aristocratic bankers.

Only union members are hard working. Lol. Nobody who works in an office is hard working?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
I'd happily trade zero contributions from labor unions for zero corporate contributions. For example, you seem to be a lot angrier about the $70 million coming from labor unions last cycle than you are about the $166 million coming from the Health Care industry alone.

One single industry in one cycle more than doubles the total contributions of unions, and you wonder why we think corporate influence is a little more pernicious than union influence?

But healthcare industry employees probably did not campaign directly during work hours for candidates. What is that worth?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I'd happily trade zero contributions from labor unions for zero corporate contributions. For example, you seem to be a lot angrier about the $70 million coming from labor unions last cycle than you are about the $166 million coming from the Health Care industry alone.

One single industry in one cycle more than doubles the total contributions of unions, and you wonder why we think corporate influence is a little more pernicious than union influence?

The Chamber of Commerce spent $144.5 million in political activity in 2009, nearly as much as the DNC and RNC COMBINED.

http://politics.theatlantic.com/2010/02/th...the_parties.php

Go to the county building. I have said this before, I went there to get my marriage license and there was nobody there. There had a serpentine rope line and I walked around it to the window where the woman was working and she told me to get in line. She then proceded to poinrt me to another window where the woman who does marriage licenses(probably a specialty) worked. She had to finish her chicken before she could wait on me. Very Efficient. no waste there.

no doubt that happens... shoot it happens in the corporate world too. Try getting some customer service out of ComEd, AT&T, etc.

It seems like some of the most important (duty wise) people in our society are union people. But we paint with a broad brush and degrade many of them. (teachers, police, fire, air traffic control people, etc)

And I am shocked by the negative campaigns against corporations. I don't get it either. Without them, we'd be a third world country.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
And I am shocked by the negative campaigns against corporations. I don't get it either. Without them, we'd be a third world country.

And I am shocked by the negative campaigns against unions. I don't get it either. Without them, we'd be a third world country.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
And I am shocked by the negative campaigns against unions. I don't get it either. Without them, we'd be a third world country.

Don't worry about it. No one really saids much of anything about them. You can't or you get a lynch mob of SEIU at your front door. I guess people forgot who actually employs union employees.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Don't worry about it. No one really saids much of anything about them. You can't or you get a lynch mob of SEIU at your front door. I guess people forgot who actually employs union employees.

Oh yeah, I know I keep seeing stories on the news of unsuspecting Republicans having their at home family BBQ's ruined by angry purple shirted mobs. It's epidemic!