3.3 million and counting...

Heads22

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the number of hits Soxtalk has so far this month....that's pretty damn good. :headbang

You guys kick ass.  :headbang  :canada  :usa

And I think it's pretty safe to say all of Soxtalk's success this month and over all has alot to do with a certain member here who's adored by all, his a leader to alot of you, and maybe the smartest poster on these boards....His contribution to this site has been matched by none and others have taken note of this and is trying to emulate his greatness to succeed on their own accord..

He gives them motivation to post, motivation to make soxtalk.com the best of the best....Who is this member?? You guys probably are thinking it's Jas!!! YEAH!!!! :headbang

But in all actuality, I'm taking about the member who go's by the handle GASHWOUND...and who's real name is CJ..

Oh wait, I'm talkin about myself...I'm so wonderful I went into 3rd person mode..just so I can get that great feeling of praising the hero that is me...Thank You

And PLEASE, not to much gushing over me...I may get a bit embarrassed :P

:lol: :rolleyes: :lolhitting :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :finger ;) :bringit

Guest hotsoxchick1
:D lol and here i thought you were gonna say number served at mickey d's since the maggs/ paterson commercial........geez way to f*** that one up .......... :D

WELL we wouldnt be able to post if it werent for the mods and such great job to everyone that makes SoxTalk a success

BE GOOD

Ummmm, what do the mods do here anyway??? :lol:

Fine job, guys! It's great to have wonderful Sox stuff online, unlike the fans to the north can say, cuz their fans are big dumbasses...lol.

Jason is the shiznit!

That's the number of hits Soxtalk has so far this month....that's pretty damn good. :headbang

You guys kick ass.  :headbang  :canada  :usa

Oh, I thought that was this years Sox attendance to date... :rolleyes: :D

I was kinda hoping that too. And whats a hit?

every time someone views this site, whether they log on, post, or just looks, it is a "hit"

3.3 Million hits.. and not near the rise in contribution you'd expect. Any ideas as to why that is..? Why are people lurking and not joining/posting..?

Posting is at record #'s from what I understand. On most days there are over 1000 posts made, plus all of the threads seem to be getting longer, with more and more people showing up for game threads and just general converstation. As a matter of a fact it looks like Heather put up post #100,000 on July 2nd, after the board started at the end of last August. We are almost upto 25,000 posts since then in 27 days, in other words we should have another 100,000 posts in about 3 1/2 months (assuming posting doesn't increase more) after it taking about 11 months for the first 100k posts!

Posting is at record #'s from what I understand. On most days there are over 1000 posts made, plus all of the threads seem to be getting longer, with more and more people showing up for game threads and just general converstation.  As a matter of a fact it looks like Heather put up post #100,000 on July 2nd, after the board started at the end of last August.  We are almost upto 25,000 posts since then in 27 days, in other words we should have another 100,000 posts in about 3 1/2 months (assuming posting doesn't increase more) after it taking about 11 months for the first 100k posts!

SS.. I am not discounting what you're saying. But where are the new members? Who's responsible for all the "hits"? Who are the lurkers and why are they just "stopping by"..

As for all the posts..

Here's the top 10 overall posters:

Name Group Date joined # of posts

Chisoxfn Admin 31-August 02 9324

hotsoxchick1 Members 31-August 02 8634

cwsox Moderator 6-September 02 5521

southsider2k3 Members 26-March 03 4869

CubKilla Members 9-September 02 4078

witesoxfan Members 14-November 02 3624

theoldroman Members 13-November 02 3369

Bmr31 Members 21-February 03 3233

LDF Members 1-September 02 3088

clujer420 Members 11-February 03 2994

And the top 10 today:

southsider2k3 49

Bmr31 44

hotsoxchick1 36

TheBigHurtBEGOOD 34

Heather Lee 29

Chisoxfn 29

theoldroman 28

LDF 27

Spiff 24

Jim Fainter 22

You have 10 people responsible for nearly 47K of the total posts..

And of the 745 posts so far today, 322 of them are from just the above 10 people.

There are only 110 of the 910 posters with over 100 posts (what I would consider "active" - but NO OFFENSE to those that have just reciently joined :cheers )

I just think it's weird for a site with 3 millions hits.. that we don't have a more diverse, and larger, group of posters.

Just making an observaton..

Don't worry about offending me or anything... But here is how I see it. It is too early for the "new" posters to be showing up in the top 10 of all time. Those are the people who have been around for a while, and it takes a while for the newbies to catch up no matter how much they are posting. A much better angle to look at is how many new people are moving into the lower ranks of volume. I researched the posters who were ranked 51-100 in total posts and 23 of the 50 had joined since April.

Also I have notice that new people tend to stick to safer things at first, such as game threads and the suckass of the month stuff, until they get comfortable. Go back and read some of the game threads espesially over the last couple weeks, and you will see a lot of new names. Eventually these people will most likely start to join into more discussion and some of the off beat stuff also.

I know I have seen about 5 or so new people in the last week or two join my PTC contest. Plus I have also noticed more people in the YNOT contest as well. Plus I believe that our post counts are higher than any other white sox boards around. I know on a day to day basis, we are higher than both WSI and the ESPN boards, someone else can verify the MLB counts for me, but it seems like more and more of them are coming over here as well.

Really they have built it, and they are coming, when it comes to this site.

581 members have never posted. Thats 63% of the board population. Some of these might just not have gotten around to posting yet but some aint coming back. One member, lacikay, joined as the eighth member on Sept 1st last year and he hasnt posted once. He probably saw only seven others and decided, unfortunately, that this wasnt worth it. We must find a way to encourage these people to join in on the fun.

OTOH, we have 41 members with 1000 posts atleast. 17 with 2000. Thats pretty good I think. Right now, poster number 50 is mac9001 with 704. I think we could have 50 with 1000 by the end of October...

3.3 Million hits.. and not near the rise in contribution you'd expect. Any ideas as to why that is..? Why are people lurking and not joining/posting..?

Every month the site hits have gone up since soxtalk was started. We started in the couple hundred thousand rage a month and in less then a year we've reached over 3.3 mill in a month.

Here is the current stats for this month: 3,442,745

Since opening the site on August 30th: 14,287,062

Every month the site hits have gone up since soxtalk was started.  We started in the couple hundred thousand rage a month and in less then a year we've reached over 3.3 mill in a month. 

I understand that Jason.

Remember the very first week I was here.. and what I was confronted with? I believe you were included on the PM I sent out..

A lot of people don't post here because of stuff like that.

The site is great. It continues to grow. IMO.. it could be a LOT bigger and better. Hopefully we get there sooner rather then later :headbang :cheers

I think the big thing is a lot of people lurk and read because they are more comfortable with that and they use this site and other sites to get news.

Others may not jump in because they'd rather ease themselves in.

I'm still shocked at the growth since soxtalk started and I won't be shocked as it continues to grow, hopefully with many more awesome Sox Fans :cheers

Another thing, there are single people with multiple names. #2 Nellie Fox, #2 Nellie Fox 59' MVP, #2 Nellie Fox 1959 MVP, #2 Nellie Fox 1959'MVP. The second has eleven posts, the rest have none. Im guessing these are one and the same. Then theres *B.SpeArZ* and *BriTnYSpEaRZ with 0 total posts. Soxheads has a second name in misdirectedrage with whom hes posted once I believe. So cut off all the extras (leave just one of the multiple names) and you have 905 members. Im sure there are others too...

Every month the site hits have gone up since soxtalk was started.  We started in the couple hundred thousand rage a month and in less then a year we've reached over 3.3 mill in a month. 

I understand that Jason.

Remember the very first week I was here.. and what I was confronted with? I believe you were included on the PM I sent out..

A lot of people don't post here because of stuff like that.

The site is great. It continues to grow. IMO.. it could be a LOT bigger and better. Hopefully we get there sooner rather then later :headbang :cheers

Ya, I remember that.

I agree with you whole-heartedly and I think more and more as the name gets out it will only continue to get bigger.

Sometime in the next few weeks we will be quadrupling our server space which should be nice. :headbang

581 members have never posted. Thats 63% of the board population. Some of these might just not have gotten around to posting yet but some aint coming back. One member, lacikay, joined as the eighth member on Sept 1st last year and he hasnt posted once. He probably saw only seven others and decided, unfortunately, that this wasnt worth it. We must find a way to encourage these people to join in on the fun.

OTOH, we have 41 members with 1000 posts atleast. 17 with 2000. Thats pretty good I think. Right now, poster number 50 is mac9001 with 704. I think we could have 50 with 1000 by the end of October...

I think a big part of that is that lots of people register multiple times for some reason. There are people who registered 5-10 variations on the same name. I think that ratio is kinda off because of all of the false positive members that we have on there. I would bet about 2/3's of registrees have posted at sometime. heck just looking at the 50 newest registrees, there are 5 baseball4's and freaks that registered at the sametime, and 27 different registrations in a row that all look like the same person starting with hurtme, then adding numbers, then adding variations to those and continuing on and on. So the member number total is misleading IMO.