Arch Madness!

2010 State Farm Insurance Missouri Valley Conference Tournament

Thursday, March 4 -- Session I [No Television]

Game 1 -- #8 Drake (13-18, 7-11) vs. #9 Southern Illinois (15-14, 6-12), 6 p.m.

Game 2 -- #7 Missouri State (19-11, 8-10) vs. #10 Evansville (9-20, 3-15), 8:30 p.m.

Friday, March 5 -- Session II

Game 3 -- #1 UNI (25-4, 15-3) vs. Winner Game 1, noon [MVC TV Network]

Game 4 -- #4 Creighton (16-14, 10-8) vs. #5 Bradley (15-14, 9-9), 2:30 p.m. [MVC TV Network]

Friday, March 5 -- Session III

Game 5 -- #2 Wichita State (23-8, 12-6) vs. Winner of Game 2, 6 p.m. [MVC TV Network]

Game 6 -- #3 Illinois State (21-9, 11-7) vs. #6 Indiana State (17-13, 9-9), 8:30 p.m. [MVC TV Network]

Saturday, March 6 -- Session IV

Game 7 -- Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:30 p.m. [MVC TV Network]

Game 8 -- Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4 p.m. [MVC TV Network]

Sunday, March 7 -- Session V

Championship -- Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1 p.m. [CBS Sports, Westwood One Radio, Sirius XM Satellite Radio]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions from me:

SIU over Drake

Mo State over Evansville

UNI over SIU :(

Bradley over Creighton

Mo State over Wichita State

Illinois State over Indiana State

UNI over Bradley

Illinois State over Mo State

Illinois State over UNI

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
I usually go to SIU's games, but probably won't make it Thursday night and noon on Friday will be tough for me.

Are you guys coming from out of town getting motels for the weekend or what?

I am. I'm getting there around 1pm on Friday since the Birds don't play until 830. Staying at the Holiday Inn downtown. It's a step down. Last year I was at the Hilton downtown. It was way too classy for us.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
If the birds making it to Sunday, some friends and I are going to drive down. But we couldn't find enough people who wanted to go the whole weekend worth it money wise.

Yeah, the first time I went two years ago we went on friday and then skipped saturday and went back sunday. After that, we knew we wanted to go for the whole weekend. Hopefully we can make it to sunday so you get to see the redbirds win the damn thing.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Yeah, the first time I went two years ago we went on friday and then skipped saturday and went back sunday. After that, we knew we wanted to go for the whole weekend. Hopefully we can make it to sunday so you get to see the redbirds win the damn thing.

Ya, I'll be back at home then too so i want the 5 hour drive to be worth it.

I dont know how many of you have Comcast in chicago, but I have a weird thing I am seeing. When games are considered local (Illinois state, Bradley, sometimes even Evansville) they will be played on Comcast channel 101. Right now if I look at the regular guide, it has nothing. However, if I hit the guide twice to display all of the shows for that particular channel, the MVC tournament is listed as a show coming up. Is the (yuck) play-in game going to be on tonite?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
I dont know how many of you have Comcast in chicago, but I have a weird thing I am seeing. When games are considered local (Illinois state, Bradley, sometimes even Evansville) they will be played on Comcast channel 101. Right now if I look at the regular guide, it has nothing. However, if I hit the guide twice to display all of the shows for that particular channel, the MVC tournament is listed as a show coming up. Is the (yuck) play-in game going to be on tonite?

No. The play in games are never televised. We have to hope to win tonight and then we'll be on tv tomorrow.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Anyone else care to make predictions on this?

SIU over Drake

Evansville over MoState

UNI over SIU

Bradley over Creighton

Wichita State over Evansville

Illinois State over Indiana State

UNI over Bradley

Illinois State over Wichita State

Illinois State playing UNI I refuse to predict this game. I'm too superstitious.