MLB 10: The Show

Quin

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
My Beckham walks out to "Your Love"....so...

My Beckham >>> Your Beckham

So does mine haha, and when I get around too it all the players are going to walk up to the right music.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
So does mine haha, and when I get around too it all the players are going to walk up to the right music.

I considering doing it for all the players, but I am too lazy. I have these 4 songs in there for the Sox....

Beckham - Your love

Home run - "YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOAAARRRRDD....YES!!"

Strikeout - "HE GONE!! There is a gooood pitch"

Game winner - Sweet Home Chicago

I also have some Fox Sports Baseball, ESPN baseball, and TBS Baseball jingles that play in between innings.

So my hitter is a catcher/SS. As I mentioned last time, he played catcher for like 3-4 weeks straight (meaning I was simming those). Well, he got injured and was put back to SS for a couple weeks. I was so happy. Then he got traded from the Orioles to the Angels, and the Angels have him back at catching. UGH. Now I have to sim until I get injured or they finally agree to let me switch to SS.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)
I considering doing it for all the players, but I am too lazy. I have these 4 songs in there for the Sox....

Beckham - Your love

I also have some Fox Sports Baseball, ESPN baseball, and TBS Baseball jingles that play in between innings.

Where could I find these Hawk quotes?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)

Beckham - Your love

I don't like the HR/K ideas because it'd sound weird to go from regular commentary to static filled Hawkisms...

I've got the following, but will update as needed since it's so easy.

Beckham - Your Love

Pauly - Harvester of Sorrow

AJ - AJ Scratch by Kurtis Blow

TCQ comes up to SILENCE per his preference. f***ing guy is hilarious.

Alexei comes up to Pobre Diablo by some Spanish dude called Don Omar. Decent rap.

...and the editor is so perfect that Bobby comes in to the correct portion of "Boom".

I'll have to add Sweet Home Chicago for a game winner, great idea.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
I don't like the HR/K ideas because it'd sound weird to go from regular commentary to static filled Hawkisms...

I've got the following, but will update as needed since it's so easy.

Beckham - Your Love

Pauly - Harvester of Sorrow

AJ - AJ Scratch by Kurtis Blow

TCQ comes up to SILENCE per his preference. f***ing guy is hilarious.

Alexei comes up to Pobre Diablo by some Spanish dude called Don Omar. Decent rap.

...and the editor is so perfect that Bobby comes in to the correct portion of "Boom".

I'll have to add Sweet Home Chicago for a game winner, great idea.

"he gawn" actually sounds pretty good if you can find a quality copy and that is what they play at the park so if you're going for full realism . . .

I need a copy of "kiss him goodbye" played on an organ, it's absolutely vital, the air raid siren isn't doing it for me.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
"he gawn" actually sounds pretty good if you can find a quality copy and that is what they play at the park so if you're going for full realism . . .

I need a copy of "kiss him goodbye" played on an organ, it's absolutely vital, the air raid siren isn't doing it for me.

Yeah, I guess you make a good point there...

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Ya Joe can you send me the He Gawn mp3, and finding a kiss him goodbye on the organ would be money.

Here is a thread I made over at Operation Sports for these Sox sounds....

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/soun...sox-sounds.html

If you look at the end of the thread, I have the download link for a better "He Gone" sound. I used Sony Vegas on my laptop to boost the sound up so it's not as quiet.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
If you find it to be too quiet you can always use a program like Audacity and amplify the volume.

You can also do what I do, and go into the sound/audio options in The Show, and turn down the other 4 sliders a few notches while leaving "MUSIC" up all the way. That way you adjust for the game sounds, but the music is louder than the rest. I find this the best for me.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
You can also do what I do, and go into the sound/audio options in The Show, and turn down the other 4 sliders a few notches while leaving "MUSIC" up all the way. That way you adjust for the game sounds, but the music is louder than the rest. I find this the best for me.

I did note see the home run call in that thread.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
At what point in the song Boom does Bobby come out in?

BOOM! Here comes the BOOM! Ready or not.

Edit: Just finished up my Ed Walsh. Gonna try and finish up the rotation and lineup tonight (Faber, Lyons, Frank, Baines, Minoso. Frank will be hardest since he's so recognizable.

With the stats I gave him, Walsh is probably the best pitcher in game, or at least on par with Cy Young. But you know, lowest career ERA counts for something, even if it is deadball.

Edited by Quinarvy

My end of season stats:

mlb10theshow.th.png

I did make it to exactly 30 and 100 including the playoffs. Looking forward to AAA next season, already signed a $1.4M deal to be the starting AAA 1B. (INSANELY unrealistic, minor leaguers get made the minor league minimum no matter how good they are)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
I did note see the home run call in that thread.

BOOM! Here comes the BOOM! Ready or not.

Edit: Just finished up my Ed Walsh. Gonna try and finish up the rotation and lineup tonight (Faber, Lyons, Frank, Baines, Minoso. Frank will be hardest since he's so recognizable.

With the stats I gave him, Walsh is probably the best pitcher in game, or at least on par with Cy Young. But you know, lowest career ERA counts for something, even if it is deadball.

That is said multiple times throughout the song haha.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
My end of season stats:

mlb10theshow.th.png

I did make it to exactly 30 and 100 including the playoffs. Looking forward to AAA next season, already signed a $1.4M deal to be the starting AAA 1B. (INSANELY unrealistic, minor leaguers get made the minor league minimum no matter how good they are)

You hit .441? Maybe it's time to increase that difficulty, haha.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
You hit .441? Maybe it's time to increase that difficulty, haha.

I had it on All-Star up until the final month when I bumped it up to Hall of Fame for the final few games and playoffs. I'll see how that works in AAA, hopefully my numbers start to level out a bit.

Just finished my all time Sox roster. Put Thornton on instead of Tommy John.

Playing against the Knights (Gavin vs. Pierce), who are my dumping zone for the rest of the Sox players.

Frank knocked in Luis, while Harold Baines coaching himself looks weird.

I'll put the roster on the vault later after I update the game.