MLB 10: The Show

Quin

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I bet players in real life get frustrated a lot, too. It's all part of the game.

Ya, you're probably right. The game is just that real. Baseball in real life is very repetitive.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
Ya, you're probably right. The game is just that real. Baseball in real life is very repetitive.

Honestly, it would be boring if you dominated at every level and made the pros in a year. Usually it takes my guy 3-4 seasons to ever make the bigs. I had a career last year that took me like 5 seasons, and then I get traded and sent down to AAA again.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

After taking the batting tips on the last page My average has risen back up over .080 points. I bottomed out at around .236 average. In fact, in my last 20 games prior, I was batting .176 with 0 HR's, 8 RBI's an OBP of .179 and I purely stunk up the joint. I went from a #4 hitter to a #9 hitter, then eventually benched. I finally got a hang of the tips though, and I have risen back to greatness.

My batting average is around .320 after 10 games. In the past 5 games, I have an average of .750 and I have a 10 game hitting streak going. Last night, in a loss, I had an awesome moment. Coach gave me a day off, but I came up to pinch hit in the 9th, down 3 runs with a man on first and third and 2 outs. First pitch, low fastball I lifted for a moon shot down the right field line, just missing the foul pole. It was Frank Thomas vs the Yankees in old Yankee Stadium-esqe. I've never ever ever hit a homerun that high or that far.

Anyway, I got promoted as Clete Thomas got called up to the big leagues. Regardless, if he gets called back down, he's going to have to DH. Unfortunately, I still play for the Tigers organazation, even after complaining about team chemistry, and asking for a trade.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Honestly, it would be boring if you dominated at every level and made the pros in a year. Usually it takes my guy 3-4 seasons to ever make the bigs. I had a career last year that took me like 5 seasons, and then I get traded and sent down to AAA again.

I know what you mean. I don't expect to dominate every single outing, but these bad stretches just seem so forced by the AI.

Anyway, I started a 2nd RTTS as a 1B/3B. Playing pretty well so far. It's actually helped me improved my hitting and defense.

So annoying I'm on the verge on the majors, but I just can't seem to earn that promotion. :(

I'm a 1B and in the beginning of my 3rd year in the minors currently starting for the round rock express(astros AAA). I've been traded twice so far.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
So annoying I'm on the verge on the majors, but I just can't seem to earn that promotion. :(

I'm a 1B and in the beginning of my 3rd year in the minors currently starting for the round rock express(astros AAA). I've been traded twice so far.

Yeah, I can't seem to get into AAA. I am about to finish my first season at AA, and my ERA has been sub-2.00 the whole way, even dipping down to about 1.89 with a WHIP under 1.00. I have struggled a little recently, but will still reach about 18 wins and almost 200 innings.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
I know what you mean. I don't expect to dominate every single outing, but these bad stretches just seem so forced by the AI.

Anyway, I started a 2nd RTTS as a 1B/3B. Playing pretty well so far. It's actually helped me improved my hitting and defense.

I'm actually a 3B/1B

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)
Ok, I am setting fire to Kenny's house......

I stayed in AA Birmingham the WHOLE DAMN YEAR. My final stats of the reg. season.....

19-3, 2.03 ERA, 5 CG, 3 SO, 195 IP, 183 hits, 7 HR, 15 BB, 132 K, 1.01 WHIP

And Daniel Cabrera got promoted before I did.......

:chair

Time for the playoffs, I hope we lose. <_>

He's just building up your trade value.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Ok, I am setting fire to Kenny's house......

I stayed in AA Birmingham the WHOLE DAMN YEAR. My final stats of the reg. season.....

19-3, 2.03 ERA, 5 CG, 3 SO, 195 IP, 183 hits, 7 HR, 15 BB, 132 K, 1.01 WHIP

And Daniel Cabrera got promoted before I did.......

:chair

Time for the playoffs, I hope we lose. <_>

It's more about meeting your advancement goals, then stats. Usually if you meet every goal, and have good stats in that advancement period youll get moved up.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
It's more about meeting your advancement goals, then stats. Usually if you meet every goal, and have good stats in that advancement period youll get moved up.

I completed every advancement goal since about mid-June. I got the same email almost every advancement period about being ready, but keeping me in AA to boost confidence.... :stick

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
I completed every advancement goal since about mid-June. I got the same email almost every advancement period about being ready, but keeping me in AA to boost confidence.... :stick

Well at least your confidence is boosted :P

So the only person I hit well is.......Tim Lincecum! Grienke, Zambrano, Halladay all dominate me. I was able to scratch 3 runs and 6 hits off Webb in 7 IP, but Lincecum i DOMINATED.

I have 5 runs, 7 hits, and walk vs. him without a out recorded in the 2nd inning. You know who hit a 3-run HR? JUAN PIERRE! F'ing Pierre. Mr. 0 HR in 2009 hits a HR off Lincecum, it was epic.

I tagged him for like 5 ER, 9 H in his 7 innings pitched. Also drew a walk and took a LOT of balls from him. I don't know why, but he is the only pitcher I can read for balls and strikes. I think it's his motion or something, but they brought in relieves, and they all dominated me. I was able to plate a run in the 9th off Wilson/Affeldt, but I lost 7-6. I let the CPU pitch for me, so I just work on hitting. I have yet to win a (non-RTTS) game in MLB 10 The Show.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:40 AM)
I tagged him for like 5 ER, 9 H in his 7 innings pitched. Also drew a walk and took a LOT of balls from him. I don't know why, but he is the only pitcher I can read for balls and strikes. I think it's his motion or something, but they brought in relieves, and they all dominated me.

There are so many things wrong with this post. :D

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)

Have you tried asking your manager for a change or more playing time or a trade? That worked for me in 2008 RTTS. Not sure if they tweaked that in this version though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
Have you tried asking your manager for a change or more playing time or a trade? That worked for me in 2008 RTTS. Not sure if they tweaked that in this version though.

No chance I am going to ruin my shot at being with the White Sox.

Anyway, the season ended, we won the AA championship, and in the offseason they offfered me a 2-year deal for AAA, so it's alll good now.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
No chance I am going to ruin my shot at being with the White Sox.

Anyway, the season ended, we won the AA championship, and in the offseason they offfered me a 2-year deal for AAA, so it's alll good now.

Have you been simulating a portion of the season? I'm getting really tired of the loading between career events.