MLB 10: The Show

Quin

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)
Yeah, he exists in Japan. Are you telling me they made him a free agent on the roster they made too?

No, they didn't make him, but they essentially cloned a pitching prospect that the Yankees traded for Javy.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Is there any kind of home plate celebration after the game winning homer?

Yes. They have a variety. The last one had Alexei come to home plate, flip his helmet and stomp across the dish while being mobbed by his teammates. They have a bunch of them, and they're all pretty cool.

maybe someone here can answer this question for me. I'm playing a full season (162 games) with the Sox. 15 games in Beckham breaks his hand and is out for 2 months.

anyway, why does Pierre or other outfielders throw to homeplate rather than hitting the cutoff man? I hit L2 or even Triangle to throw to 2nd and they airmail it all the way to AJ with the runner moving up a base. WTF

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
maybe someone here can answer this question for me. I'm playing a full season (162 games) with the Sox. 15 games in Beckham breaks his hand and is out for 2 months.

anyway, why does Pierre or other outfielders throw to homeplate rather than hitting the cutoff man? I hit L2 or even Triangle to throw to 2nd and they airmail it all the way to AJ with the runner moving up a base. WTF

L1 is cutoff man.

I finally got to play the game so more today. I started out by downloading the OS Rosters, thanks to everyone who gave me tips on that. It took me a few minutes to figure out where to go and how to sort all the available roster downloads. Anyway, I played just an exhibition game as the Sox vs. Philadelphia. I lost the game 7-3 or something like that. I had the hitting on veteran mode which I guess is one step above rookie which was a good starter for me I thought. Before I played the Phillies, I did the batting practice where you step in the cage and get 20 pitches to hit. I swung and missed at least 8 times, not good. Once I got into the actual game vs Philadelphia I did much better and got the hang of the whole deal.

I love the graphics and all the little cut scene deals, everything seems so life like and I really enjoy that aspect of the game. The only thing that seemed to frustrate me was the base running. I noticed that there were 2 different options of classic and default. I choose classic setting, the problem for me came in that since I didn't really know the controls very well, I left the manual in my lap when I played. I opened it to base running when batting, and fielding controls when pitching. I kept getting confused when looking at the manual because it would have classic and default controls right on top of each other. Anyway, I just ended up allowing the computer to control my base runners and that made the game more enjoyable for me. It allowed me to still do manual lead offs and to steal on my own.

In the game itself, Pierre got picked off 1st base in the first inning. What a start! I did hit a 2 run homer with Konerko but that was pretty much my whole offense until the 9th. On the pitching side, since I just choose quick start or whatever the option is called it had Peavy as my default starter. I started out decently enough but I was really wild and had trouble with the pitching meter. One small thing I really liked about the game was that the CF scoreboard updated during the game with pitch counts for the pitcher.

Overall, I really have enjoyed the game thus far. Thanks to everyone who posted and made me decided to get this.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
i mistyped, it was L1 that I was hitting. In fact, Quentin did it today as well.

Maybe you need to "tap it" instead of actually "hitting it." (giggady) At least that's how it was when I played Madden as far as sliding instead of diving.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Maybe you need to "tap it" instead of actually "hitting it." (giggady) At least that's how it was when I played Madden as far as sliding instead of diving.

Negative.

The throwing is "pressure sensitive" so the harder you hit the button, the harder the ball is thrown. Normally when you're hitting the cutoff for a relay, you want to jam that mof***a!

I also have never had a problem with the L1.

• 2 weeks later...