MLB 10: The Show

Quin

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
For the Show, fighting automatically occurs if you have been beaned enough and it was intentional. They won't show the fighting though. They'll show the guy charge the mound and the camera goes away. For arguing calls, you're guy will automatically do it if he thinks it was really a bad call and then you get ejected. Happened in my 2nd game for RTTS.

That sounds kinda neat. I don't need to see a full brawl or anything, I'm just fascinated by all the cut scenes and realistic things the game has in it.

For everyone, does the game have rain? I've only played one game like I said last night, but it would seem like a neat feature to add in.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
It's called Franchise Mode. And it rules.

Especially with this pitching staff...

I was wondering if many here play the franchise mode. Seems like from the majority of the posts that people play the RTTS mode. I'll have to start playing this game a heck of a lot more it seems. I keep my PS3 at my fiancee's house, so I don't have access to it everyday sadly.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
That sounds kinda neat. I don't need to see a full brawl or anything, I'm just fascinated by all the cut scenes and realistic things the game has in it.

For everyone, does the game have rain? I've only played one game like I said last night, but it would seem like a neat feature to add in.

No rain. I wish they did, but no. I think they have games that are played "after" rain, like you will see soggy infields and stuff, but not during the game. They experimented with adding fog for this year, but ran in to too many problems graphically. I think they are going to try and add weather for '11.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
No rain. I wish they did, but no. I think they have games that are played "after" rain, like you will see soggy infields and stuff, but not during the game. They experimented with adding fog for this year, but ran in to too many problems graphically. I think they are going to try and add weather for '11.

Thanks, Joe. I don't know if you play Madden, but I love playing in the rain or snow and how the players seem to slip and slide while running.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
Thanks, Joe. I don't know if you play Madden, but I love playing in the rain or snow and how the players seem to slip and slide while running.

Well that's because in the NFL, they play through most weather, and in baseball, they rarely do, so that is why it's already in Madden. Not a big deal to me, but it will be cool to have to hurry to get a game to be official before it gets cancelled.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Well that's because in the NFL, they play through most weather, and in baseball, they rarely do, so that is why it's already in Madden. Not a big deal to me, but it will be cool to have to hurry to get a game to be official before it gets cancelled.

I remember a game that had weather, High Heat Baseball 2002. Awesome f***ing game, actually... I had it for the PC, and the editing capabilities were choice (nothing like what's going on with MVP for PC mind you, but still, quite choice.

Having a game rained out or delayed was pretty neat. You'd have to use your bullpen in unplanned spots and stuff. So yeah, for the first few times it's cool.

Then it gets annoying and you just want to play a f***in game!

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
I was wondering if many here play the franchise mode. Seems like from the majority of the posts that people play the RTTS mode. I'll have to start playing this game a heck of a lot more it seems. I keep my PS3 at my fiancee's house, so I don't have access to it everyday sadly.

I'm waiting for the Operation Sports Full Minors Roster so that I can have real prospects before I start my franchise.

I've also grown to hate a couple of more things. The camera changing angles. Now it wouldn't be too bad, but the issue is, when I'm running the basepaths and pressing to the left, then as I pass 2nd base, left becomes right and vice versa, so instead of my runner running fluidly from 1st to 3rd, he stutters a bit and ends up getting tagged out.

Also, whenever I have RBI opportunities, the defense seems to catch anything and my players rarely tag up. Today, I had P5 A with men in scoring position. A bullet was hit away from the 3B, but he dives towards the bullet and catches it. I'm thinking, ok, that can happen for a slick fielder, even in AAA. Then the SS does it to me at my next at bat. This is against a team that ranked last in Fielding Percentage. I also had a ball hit towards the LF line, line drive, while everyone is shifted towards the right side, and the RF dives to catch it away from home plate. The worst thing is, the runner on 3rd didn't tag up which caused the runner on 2nd to not tag up either.

The most frustrating though was a fastball belt high on the inside. Now, lemme tell you, I love to pull pitches. That is my sweet spot. I swung for power guessing the correct pitch and location. My guy hits it flush. I swear, I never saw a sweeter swing. What happens? The ball makes it to the wall and is caught. Now I'm thinking, well it's a decent sized ballpark. Then I realize, the wall was 334 away and I have 75 power. There's no reason why that shouldn't have gone out.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
OS FULL MINOR LEAGUE ROSTERS ARE LIVE!!

Go to SportsConnect ---> Community ----> Roster Vault ----> OSFullMinors2010V1.0

Sadly, I'm waiting for the one with the pitch edits (or at least the one with all the Minor Leaguers with proper faces).

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Sadly, I'm waiting for the one with the pitch edits (or at least the one with all the Minor Leaguers with proper faces).

Meh. I don't really care to wait any longer. Some Sox mistakes I noticed.....

"SP John Ely got traded to the Dodgers in the Juan Pierre this past offseason.

3B Joe Crede is placed in Class-A, even though he is still a Free Agent.

1B Dayan Viciedo should actually be listed as a 3B, with 1B as his secondary position, not the other way around.

RP Matt Thornton added a CUTTER this spring training. Considering he throws his fastball at 97-98, his cutter probably comes in around 91-92

SP Daniel Cabrera should be RELEASED. He is no longer on the team."

I was told that Cabrera and Crede are on the minor league teams for reasons that they didn't have enough minor leaguers to create. You can simply release them from your franchise.

I manually made the other chances, plus increased Morel's defense rating (they gave him like a 45. Wtf?), and make Mitchell and Thompson faster, as well as giving Beckham a little more power and increased his horrible base-running ability. Also increased the velocities and K-rates on Santos. Increased K-Rate on Hudson too.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Just had the most epic game ever. Game 4 of the season vs. Twins. I go into the bottom of the 9th down 2 runs. I get the first two runners on. I then get a sac fly at the CF wall that allows both runners to advance two bases because it was Pierre and Beckham on the bases, and the CF fell down making the catch into the wall. Cut the lead down to 1, and then scored on a sac fly to tie it.

The game went into the 15th inning with the same score. Then Jason Kubel homers in the top of the 15th to give the Twins a 7-6 lead. I was content w/ losing at this point because it is 3 AM, and I have class in the morning. After I get 1 out in the bottom of the 15th, Andruw Jones steps up and jacks a HR to tie it. S.O.A.B. So then Ramon Castro comes up (he replaced Omar Vizquel who was pinch-running for AJ) and hits the WALK OF HOME RUN. I won the game on back-to-back jacks, with the replacement player hitting the HR. It was sweet. I am just glad the game is over and I can finally go to sleep!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Meh. I don't really care to wait any longer. Some Sox mistakes I noticed.....

"SP John Ely got traded to the Dodgers in the Juan Pierre this past offseason.

3B Joe Crede is placed in Class-A, even though he is still a Free Agent.

1B Dayan Viciedo should actually be listed as a 3B, with 1B as his secondary position, not the other way around.

RP Matt Thornton added a CUTTER this spring training. Considering he throws his fastball at 97-98, his cutter probably comes in around 91-92

SP Daniel Cabrera should be RELEASED. He is no longer on the team."

I was told that Cabrera and Crede are on the minor league teams for reasons that they didn't have enough minor leaguers to create. You can simply release them from your franchise.

I manually made the other chances, plus increased Morel's defense rating (they gave him like a 45. Wtf?), and make Mitchell and Thompson faster, as well as giving Beckham a little more power and increased his horrible base-running ability. Also increased the velocities and K-rates on Santos. Increased K-Rate on Hudson too.

I can wait because I'm still working on my All-Time rosters. It takes a long time to just plan the freaking things.

Edit: There are currently 3 people in the SoxTalk league. I'll activate it once 6 join.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 03:16 AM)
Just had the most epic game ever. Game 4 of the season vs. Twins. I go into the bottom of the 9th down 2 runs. I get the first two runners on. I then get a sac fly at the CF wall that allows both runners to advance two bases because it was Pierre and Beckham on the bases, and the CF fell down making the catch into the wall. Cut the lead down to 1, and then scored on a sac fly to tie it.

The game went into the 15th inning with the same score. Then Jason Kubel homers in the top of the 15th to give the Twins a 7-6 lead. I was content w/ losing at this point because it is 3 AM, and I have class in the morning. After I get 1 out in the bottom of the 15th, Andruw Jones steps up and jacks a HR to tie it. S.O.A.B. So then Ramon Castro comes up (he replaced Omar Vizquel who was pinch-running for AJ) and hits the WALK OF HOME RUN. I won the game on back-to-back jacks, with the replacement player hitting the HR. It was sweet. I am just glad the game is over and I can finally go to sleep!

Is there any kind of home plate celebration after the game winning homer?

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)

Yep. After Castro hit it, and it went out. They showed him jumping in the air going to 1st, getting a big high five at 1st, and then when he came home he ditched his helmet, and jumped into a crowd of Sox players waiting for him at home. It's cool.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)

For my RTTS guy the last game I hit a walk off, it was belted. Went 450 to LF and he did a bat flip, jogged around the bases and then did a handshake with the guy who also came home from 2nd.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Yep. After Castro hit it, and it went out. They showed him jumping in the air going to 1st, getting a big high five at 1st, and then when he came home he ditched his helmet, and jumped into a crowd of Sox players waiting for him at home. It's cool.

I appreciate you answering my silly ass questions, Joe! I'm just into these small little things that make the game as life like as possible. That sounds really awesome, hopefully I'll get to see it sometime.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
For my RTTS guy the last game I hit a walk off, it was belted. Went 450 to LF and he did a bat flip, jogged around the bases and then did a handshake with the guy who also came home from 2nd.

Thanks, Train. Maybe in a future addition, they can add the thing Prince Fielder did where he lept on the plate and the players all fell down.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Thanks, Train. Maybe in a future addition, they can add the thing Prince Fielder did where he lept on the plate and the players all fell down.

That would be great. Tonight, I noticed a teammate had a 3-0 pitch, took it, then started walking towards first. Ump called it a strike, and he stared down the ump and was like "really?" then eventually picked up the bat back and got ready to swing again. Very very awesome.

I kept Crede at 3rd.

Teahen & Holmberg for Granderson.

Pierre for Uribe.

Castro & Ommogrosso for Gonzalez & Poreda (HOW?)

Signed Yu Darvish (made him from A. Vazquez, the Braves prospect from Javy trade, there are doubles) and traded back for Holmberg.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)
I kept Crede at 3rd.

Teahen & Holmberg for Granderson.

Pierre for Uribe.

Castro & Ommogrosso for Gonzalez & Poreda (HOW?)

Signed Yu Darvish (made him from A. Vazquez, the Braves prospect from Javy trade, there are doubles) and traded back for Holmberg.

You made a Yu Darvish? Haha, you cheater! I hope you made him like 34 years old, because thats how old he will be when (if) he comes over.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
You made a Yu Darvish? Haha, you cheater! I hope you made him like 34 years old, because thats how old he will be when (if) he comes over.

What? He exists. Plus, it seemed cheap letting the Yanks just have a A-potential 'spect they traded away.