ST: White Sox v. Royals, Peavy v. Meche

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Well, aren't you a sweatheart Scenerio. :wub:

Anyways. Peavy got shelled, but oh well, I am sure he was just working on a few pitches or locations.

Beckham doubles, what else is new?

5-2 Royals.

He's doing what veteran pitchers do during Spring games; he's working on his fastball. Just trying to put it where he wants to and not really worrying about getting hitters out. Greg Maddux was famous for this; he'd throw nothing but fastballs in some spring outings just trying to find his release point and develop muscle memory. He's basically throwing batting practice.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
He's doing what veteran pitchers do during Spring games; he's working on his fastball. Just trying to put it where he wants to and not really worrying about getting hitters out. Greg Maddux was famous for this; he'd throw nothing but fastballs in some spring outings just trying to find his release point and develop muscle memory. He's basically throwing batting practice.

Yeah look at gameday..Peavy is throwing like 96% fastballs.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Yeah look at gameday..Peavy is throwing like 96% fastballs.

I wouldn't count on that to be accurate, they don't put much effort into spring games. This is just about the time where the starters start stretching out their arms a bit more and work on 1 pitch for several innings and his last outing seemed pretty offspeed pitch heavy.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
I haven't been following much game action this spring but is there any reason to be concerned by Quentin's very low average?

From what I saw in the 5-6 spring games I have seen, he seems to be swinging for the fences very hard. Not sure if he is just working on his bat flip or what, but yeah, he has been swinging out of his arm sockets.