ST: vs Padres

flavum

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
They're just trying to give Alexei and Teahen more at-bats.

Yea you can't fault him for that. I would actually like to see Rios batting higher as well, get back in the groove of things.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
When did Nix start hitting .370? Last time I saw him he looked like he didn't belong above A ball.

For a while. When Ozzie called him and Lillibridge out, he was hitting in the low .400s.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
For a while. When Ozzie called him and Lillibridge out, he was hitting in the low .400s.

Really, when was this? Recently? I could have swore that 2 weeks ago he looked awful and that was when they got called out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
Really, when was this? Recently? I could have swore that 2 weeks ago he looked awful and that was when they got called out.

As of the 10th he was hitting .545

As of the 15th he was hitting .350

Today: .346

Ozzie called them out on the 14th, Nix was hitting .436 at the time.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
He had an OPS in the .900s when Ozzie said he was "disappointed." I think he had an 0-fer game or something.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Ozzie called them out on the 14th, Nix was hitting .436 at the time.

Yea it was weird timing. I remember some posters here pointed that out too which made it even more odd. Ozzie was more or less disappointed that Nix (and Lillibridge) was not "hitting the ball on the ground" and trying to play a big man's game. I guess Ozzie didn't get the memo from watching Nix, is that the dude has some power. I can understand the tendency to pull, or he's got to get better at SS/3B, but that was not said.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
He had an OPS in the .900s when Ozzie said he was "disappointed." I think he had an 0-fer game or something.

Ozzie said it in the morning of the 14th, in Nix's previous game (the 11th) he went 0-2 with 2 K's. Who knows what Ozzie saw in B games and on the practice fields.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Gameday Premium says MB's average fastball velocity is 83 MPH. Is MB turning into a soft tosser.

Gameday in ST is never that good, nor are radar guns in ST.

5 IP, 5 hits, 1 BB, 3 k's for MB so far.