Final Four

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
When is a title game ever not played that hard on both ends of the court? Because I guarantee it wouldn't have looked like Butler was playing that hard if they were facing UNC from last year and getting run off the floor.

They wouldn't have got run off the court. Would they have lost? Definitely. Would they have gotten destroyed? Definitely not. Game probably would have been very similar to the Butler-Florida game in 07.

The talent level in this game certainly isn't as high as it's been in years past but that was one of the best defensive games I've ever seen. There weren't many open shots, there weren't any open lanes whatsoever the whole game and that was one of the more physical championship games you'll ever see. Add that to the fact that Butler did just a tremendous job of hanging onto the basketball, and that was a very good basketball game despite the Bulldogs shooting a bad percentage.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
No way Butler should be #1, there are several relatively comparable teams that bring in more talent than they do next year. Heck, you can make an argument that three Big Ten teams should be ahead of them: Michigan State with a healthy Lucas and Allen as well as adding Appling and Payne, Purdue if Hummel is healthy, and OSU with Turner gone but the rest likely back as well as a damn good class coming in.

No way OSU should be ranked higher than Butler to start the season, Michigan State and Purdue you can definitely make an argument for and I'd actually probably have those 2 big 10 teams as 1-2 to start the season(Purdue being number 1) with the Bulldogs at number 3. Obviously that's contingent on Hayward not going pro.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
BTW, great discussion in here tonight about the game. Thanks everyone, and stay strong palehosefan. Off to watch Gossip Girl.

Ha, rough night for me. I'm starting to get over it though. For some reason I started to buy into Duke being on the way down after the way UNC had been handing them their lunch and early exits from the tourney. Silly me.