Final Four

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
This Butler team struggled to beat my buckeyes at home without Turner. It's amazing they made this championship.

I think Duke rolls them to be honest.

People have been saying that the last three rounds, and it still hasn't happened. Duke should beat them by 20, but Butler seems to find a way.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
Bet a buddy $20 that Duke rolls. Gave him Butler and 7 points. I feel very confident.

Honestly, tomorrow is made for a parlay. If it is Butler you want, also take the under. If it is Duke, also take the over. I don't see either team winning a game playing the other teams style.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
People have been saying that the last three rounds, and it still hasn't happened. Duke should beat them by 20, but Butler seems to find a way.

Well it set up pretty nice for them, they only had to play MSU without their best player in the final four, by far the worst team left in the field.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Well it set up pretty nice for them, they only had to play MSU without their best player in the final four, by far the worst team left in the field.

Butler played better teams than anyone else in the Final Four when you look at their whole resume. Duke sure didn't beat anyone better than KState or Syracuse until yesterday.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
Bet a buddy $20 that Duke rolls. Gave him Butler and 7 points. I feel very confident.

No chance.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)

Butler had the hardest road of anyone to get to the final four.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
No chance.

Butler had the hardest road of anyone to get to the final four.

Yep, Butler already beat Syracuse, KSU, and Michigan State. I can't see Duke scaring them.

I don't know how Butler will handle Zoubek, but maybe a miracle will happen for a Butler 3 point shooter going off like McNamara.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Yep, Butler already beat Syracuse, KSU, and Michigan State. I can't see Duke scaring them.

I don't know how Butler will handle Zoubek, but maybe a miracle will happen for a Butler 3 point shooter going off like McNamara.

That's the one thing that's been bothering me, how is Butler going to keep Zoubek off the offensive glass? If they can manage to do that semi well, I think they'll win this game.

Man D is the best way to play Duke if you have a 7 footer down the middle. The problem is Zoubek. Not Scheyer, Singler, Smith or anyone else. It's Zoubek. He's so big that if you play man, Duke can give him the ball and he'll just power his way to the basket everytime. There's no way they can stop him, especially with Howard not remembering what's what. So they'll probably double down on Zoubek when he gets the ball deep in position, then leave a shooter open.

Honestly, if Zoubek wasn't playing for Duke, I would take Butler. But he does, so I see Butler losing by 15.

Zoubek does pose a problem for Butler, but if they're gonna beat me, that's the guy I'm gonna make do it. Not by letting outside shots from the rest of the guys like Baylor let them do

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
If your guys can slip screens well, because they use lots of up screens to open up shooters.

You're right, they're quite good at setting screens. And Zoubek seems to be able to away with setting a lot of moving picks