ST: A's @ White Sox, 3:05 CT

justBLAZE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
Kouz, only because you know your getting great defense at 3b. Both have similar OPS, so I go with the better D.

More power, better nickname not a factor?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Quick poll, Kouzmanoff or Teahen?

Teahen is alittle better offensively whereas Kouz gives you better defense. This will probably change when Teahen has a great year with the bat, (at least that is what I'm banking) but as of right now, I'm taking Kouz by a slim, slim margin cause of the defense though I wanna see how Teahen does not getting moved around. He is a bit of an enigma though (Kouz). He was the much better prospect than Teahen (though Teahen had the better potential comming out), but he has not translated it to the majors. Teahen would benefit much better moving to a hitters park. Kouz is moving from brutal Petco to... the Coliseum. Not good for him.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Teahen is alittle better offensively whereas Kouz gives you better defense. This will probably change when Teahen has a great year with the bat, (at least that is what I'm banking) but as of right now, I'm taking Kouz by a slim, slim margin cause of the defense though I wanna see how Teahen does not getting moved around. He is a bit of an enigma though (Kouz). He was the much better prospect than Teahen (though Teahen had the better potential comming out), but he has not translated it to the majors. Teahen would benefit much better moving to a hitters park. Kouz is moving from brutal Petco to... the Coliseum. Not good for him.

It's pretty much a wash, their respective numbers are mostly the same. Teahen has been in the majors longer and has fewer homeruns.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
It's pretty much a wash, their respective numbers are mostly the same. Teahen has been in the majors longer and has fewer homeruns.

Except Kozmanoff if a very good defender at 3B. They have similar offensive upside (Kouz probably has him here though his walk rate is disturbing) but you pretty much know that Kouzmanoff is gonna pick it for you at the hot corner and there's a lot of value in having one less question mark on the defensive side. Kouzmanoff actually reminds me a lot of Crede, their offensive numbers are very similar (though Kevin's K rate is quite a bit higher) and they both give you quite a bit on the defensive side though Crede was the better defender (Kouzmanoff's defensive style is much less spectacular but very reliable).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
Except Kozmanoff if a very good defender at 3B. They have similar offensive upside (Kouz probably has him here though his walk rate is disturbing) but you pretty much know that Kouzmanoff is gonna pick it for you at the hot corner and there's a lot of value in having one less question mark on the defensive side. Kouzmanoff actually reminds me a lot of Crede, their offensive numbers are very similar (though Kevin's K rate is quite a bit higher) and they both give you quite a bit on the defensive side though Crede was the better defender (Kouzmanoff's defensive style is much less spectacular but very reliable).

Do you think Beane would do a straight swap of Teahen for Kouzmanoff?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
Do you think Beane would do a straight swap of Teahen for Kouzmanoff?

No. For 2 very basic reasons: 1.) Beane places a good deal of value on defensive ability and Kouzmanoff is a significantly better defender than Teahen and 2.) Kouzmanoff is under non-guaranteed team control for 3 more years where as you're locked into Teahen for the next 3 years for $14M guaranteed.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
No. For 2 very basic reasons: 1.) Beane places a good deal of value on defensive ability and Kouzmanoff is a significantly better defender than Teahen and 2.) Kouzmanoff is under non-guaranteed team control for 3 more years where as you're locked into Teahen for the next 3 years for $14M guaranteed.

I wasn't serious, sorry I forgot the green. One can dream of Kouz in black and white.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)

I agree with you, but Teahen was Beane's baby though. Not saying that matters anything, but just wanted to point that out. :D