Opening Day! 04/08 Games

Ozzie Ball

Winston-Salem Dash @ Kinston Indians 7:00 ET

Justin Edwards starts for the Dash

Charlotte Knights @ Gwinnett Braves 7:05 ET

Kannapolis Intimidators vs. Rome Braves 7:05 ET

Joe Serafin starting

Birmingham Barons vs. Carolina Mudcats 8:05 ET

Also live-blogging the games at FutureSox.com so move yourselves over there and get some discussion going http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/future-sox...pening-day.html

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Escobar 4-5, yesssss. That Dash defense should be very good. Very athletic outfield (Short, Greene, Williams) and the middle infielders (Escobar and Garcia) are supposed to be very good.

I already called W-S to be our best affiliate team this year (pending promotions) They will be the Barons of last year (though of course not as loaded, just mean a real good record and a potential title) I like the Knights too, but I love W-S more.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
Why did Hudson not start the AAA season for Charlotte? Late game scratch? I figured our #1 pitching prospect would be the #1 guy in the rotation.

I assume the Sox want him lining up with Garcia.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
The minor league opening day thread was booming last year. What a difference a year makes. lol. Nice to see some of our top prospects getting off to good starts. Real good to see Escobar have himself a night.

We were all taking part of a live chat on FutureSox!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
We were all taking part of a live chat on FutureSox!!!

I was wondering why when I checked back on this thread at like 1130 there were no replies or updates about how the minor league games went..

But I did click the link to that chat blog thing and it was pretty cool..

Charlotte lost 8-6. Harrell got lit up, Dolsi and Aquino not much better, Threets 0.2 IP clean. Flowers 2-4, HR, 2 R... Viciedo 2-4, R. JorDanks HR, 1-5. De Aza, Kroeger, Lillibridge with hits.

B-Ham lost 4-2. Long started, 3 ER in 5.1 IP. Mabee gave up a run, Socolovich 2 scoreless. Morel doubled for the only XBH, Sanchez 2-4, Armstrong and Shelby with hits.

W-S cruised to a 7-1 win. Edwards 6 IP, 1 ER, Remenowsky 2 IP scoreless w/ 3 K, Infante 1 IP scoreless. Tons of offense... Escobar 4-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI... Brandon Short 2-5, HR, 2B... Phegley 2 hits... KWJR solo HR... Loman and Greene with hits.

Kanny rained out.

I'm surprised by who started for each team. Harrell over Hudson, Long over Shirek, Edwards over Leesman and Griffith.