Polish president, Dignitaries killed in plane crash

Balta1701

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Not if there was an accident, but just as a general rule. If Pelosi and Clinton wouldn't fly with Obama to something, yeah there would be s*** said about two planes taking them. In reverse the Dems would be all over the wastefulness and the "greenhouse gases". Both sides try to make s*** out of everything.

Here's Fox doing one of their series complaining about how Pelosi is abusing military jets by requesting them. (I believe the uncovered backstory in all these articles is that the military actually prefers the top people fly in private or military jets for security reasons, and Pelosi's an easy target because her home district is San Francisco)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
And there is Presidential missions, and going home for the weekend as a senator.

Yes. I guess we all need to scream about "Crawford" like "Hawaii"... and frankly, I don't give a s*** about either... but we have to make mountains out of molehills.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
There's spending, and then there's abuse.

Exactly. And we both know there is a fine line between abuse and justified spending and that line gets drawn differently if it is your team or the other team. To borrow your line "they all do it"™

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:45 AM)
Exactly. And we both know there is a fine line between abuse and justified spending and that line gets drawn differently if it is your team or the other team. To borrow your line "they all do it"

It needs to stop.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
It needs to stop.

It sure does. IMHO it will stop when citizens stop throwing rocks at the "other party" and start holding their own party accountable. I'm not certain what it will take for that to happen.

So, bumpity bump.

The right wingers are making fun of Obama and Joe taking three airplanes to NYC for earth day. Hey dumbasses, get the hell over it. They're entitled to it, and move on to issues that matter. Funny how this came up only a week or two we talked about this.

This shows I'm not a hypocrite. :lol:

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
So, bumpity bump.

The right wingers are making fun of Obama and Joe taking three airplanes to NYC for earth day. Hey dumbasses, get the hell over it. They're entitled to it, and move on to issues that matter. Funny how this came up only a week or two we talked about this.

This shows I'm not a hypocrite. :lol:

It's funny because its earth day...

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
Why not? It's safer than a plane and more economic.

Washington to New York shouldn't be that difficult.

It's safer then a plane? Again, yea, but not really. This isn't like you flying around. It's the President and VP of the US.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
It's safer then a plane? Again, yea, but not really. This isn't like you flying around. It's the President and VP of the US.

If he had the train all to himself, yeah, I'd bet it was safer than a plane.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
And he's pretty much afforded the same security that the President gets. For obvious reasons.

Biden was a regular Amtrak commuter as Senator, and apparently the day that he got the nod for the VP position, he took the Amtrak in and it kinda made it hell for commuters.

Beyond security, flying the President and the VP around has got to be among the least disruptive ways to move them around securely.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Biden was a regular Amtrak commuter as Senator, and apparently the day that he got the nod for the VP position, he took the Amtrak in and it kinda made it hell for commuters.

Beyond security, flying the President and the VP around has got to be among the least disruptive ways to move them around securely.

Right.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)

Just like when I was in Vegas and had to sit on the runway for two hours because GWB & Air Force One were flying out of there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
Just like when I was in Vegas and had to sit on the runway for two hours because GWB & Air Force One were flying out of there.

Even that's easier than most other modes.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
My only reason for bringing it up is that planes are more dangerous than trains or cars. You crash a car or derail a train, you might survive. Not so much when you crash a plane.

Um, no. Flying is far safer than driving or taking a train in terms of fatality rates. I thought this was common knowledge.