4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Guys (and Melissa) think about this... What if (and I'm not saying it will happen) the Sox are completely out of it by All Star break, but Jones continues to mash. I bet a team looking for a right handed stick would overpay...

Let's not even think about it. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
I'll agree his stuff looks much better than what Jake had, but if Peavy doesn't have his STUFF then that's what he'll look like. I'm gonna wager when he gets a few more starts in him, he'll look a lot better and his slider will be a much harder breaker and have more control with his FB

I still don't think he's hurt

I'd be more concerned if he wasn't hurt to be honest. If he's hurt, then we have Daniel Hudson in the wings who got start while he's out. If he isn't hurt, then he won't get some resting time and we'll have to have him figure it out as the game goes along. I do worry about him shaking off the catcher when he doesn't have his stuff. If he had his stuff and was looking like 2007 Cy Peavy, then shake him off because I'll have the confidence in knowing that the next pitch you throw will be enough to get the guy out. When you have given up 5 runs and you're shaking off the catcher, that tells me you don't know what's good for you.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:36 AM)
Guys (and Melissa) think about this... What if (and I'm not saying it will happen) the Sox are completely out of it by All Star break, but Jones continues to mash. I bet a team looking for a right handed stick would overpay...

Absolutely, I love when KW trades veterans for prospects!!