4/17 GT: Sox @ Indians, Peavy v. Westbrook

Disco72

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Wind has nothing to do with how the balls are flying so far. They are just ropes, and that is including the Sox in the first.

It's blowing out 15 mph to right. Beckham's double died, and barely hit the wall even though he cranked it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
91-92 mph fastballs with no movement down the plate

Ha, the definition of BP. Hes usually around 94-96, right? Maybe he just needs a little more time to get back into pitching. I don't know. But there's no way hes gonna do well with that kind of fastball.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Ha, the definition of BP. Hes usually around 94-96, right? Maybe he just needs a little more time to get back into pitching. I don't know. But there's no way hes gonna do well with that kind of fastball.

He hasn't been in the 95-96 mph range for a while.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)

Not even close actually.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
And then Pierre with a prevent swing on the first pitch. Westbrook has NOTHING on his pitches, and we still can't f***ing score. Nice DH we have today, isn't it? It's not good when Peavy has more power than Pierre does.

This offense is horrible i just wonder how long this will last for

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
This offense is horrible i just wonder how long this will last for

What changes can even be made? More Omar Vizquel? KW and Ozzie need to live and die by their acquisitions over the last 2 years. If those guys flop, then they need to be gone as well.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
37 pitches through 3 for Westbrook. What's the least number of pitches throw in two consecutive CGs? I wonder if this is even a recorded stat somewhere.

It is probably pretty low. IIRC pitch counts have risen in modern times by a decent amount.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
What changes can even be made? More Omar Vizquel? KW and Ozzie need to live and die by their acquisitions over the last 2 years. If those guys flop, then they need to be gone as well.

I agree I dont know what they were smoking when they decide to go with Kotsay at DH in the number 5 hole game after game