GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is just so f***ing predictable.

And just plain boring, no spark or excitement. JR and KW better not have the utter cojones to say we have to pay for this crap to get more payroll for better players.

EPIC predictable fail that inning. Beckham, who'd a thunk it? (Well, some predicted the sophomore slump, but maybe it was 20-30%)

Well, we got Pierre to be able to run in those situations, to attack the opponent and create a run. Except he had cement shoes.

Now they simply pitch around Jones (amazing, isn't it?) to set up the DP against Paulie. Well, that's one thing we won't miss when he's gone.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
How many goddamn DPs have we hit into this year?

I cannot believe the SWINGS I am seeing us put on the ball today. OMG this is laughable- this has to be the worst hacks I've seen us take ever, really...

Kotsay has quite a few considering only 25 AB's.

AJ is a walking DP machine because he makes so much contact....Quentin, too, because he hits the ball hard and has average speed to 1st.

Even Alexei has shown a propensity to do so. And Teahen will certainly hit into his share, saw with Andruw Jones.

YAY!!! That's one category we can lead the AL in...GIDP.

It's funny right, that we are a small ball team without much speed, with the exception of Pierre, who has visibly lost 2 steps from so much wear and tear on his body.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
I do enjoy the "Man Kotsay is killin it in ST, he's gonna be AWESOME!" and then the "ST doesn't mean anything, Teahen will be fine"

Well to be fair, the people who liked Kotsay in a platoon (I'm of this group) were liking his (recent)career stats against righties, looking at the roster, looking at the righthandedness of the roster, and looking at a very mysterious bag of goods from Andruw Jones. Very glad here to find that bag of goods is gigantic and amazing.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
Haha cool stat. Andruw one of only 4 to hit a homer as a teenager and a homer as a 40-year-old.

Unless the rumors are true and Andruw is really 7 years older than his official birthdate.

When he came to Macon in 1995, he was so dominating on a physical level over the entire league, everyone assumed that he was really 21-23 at that point and the Braves had been duped. Hopefully he wasn't a Dave Wilder signing, haha. Didn't Wilder used to work with the Braves at one point?

Edited by caulfield12