How about a 3 way?

Sox trade: Joe Crede

Sox Get: Freddy Garcia

Mariners trade: Freddy Garcia

Mariner Get: Aaron Boone

Reds trade: Aaron Boone

Reds Get: Joe Crede

Thoughts?

Crede for Garcia? I don't like it personally. There is something wrong with a guy who has an era over 5 pitching at Safeco.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why would we trade a promising third baseman like crede for ponson who is having a lucky year...aaorn boone is horrible defensively and would not help us at all at shortstop or third..his batting stats also arent too impresive for a player who plays at a hitters park.

Its better to be Lucky than Good.

their is no way we can trade a .240 hitting third baseman for a teams ace in freddy garcia..the mariners just signed him to a big deal in the off season and i dont think they are just gonna let him go for nothing when they are in the playoff race...that is the dumbest trade offer i have ever heard.

their is no way we can trade a .240 hitting third baseman for a teams ace in freddy garcia..the mariners just signed him to a big deal in the off season and i dont think they are just gonna let him go for nothing when they are in the playoff race...that is the dumbest trade offer i have ever heard.

:o :(

why would we trade a promising third baseman like crede for ponson who is having a lucky year...aaorn boone is horrible defensively and would not help us at all at shortstop or third..his batting stats also arent too impresive for a player who plays at a hitters park.

A Boone is hitting .273, with 18 HR's and 65 RBI's + 15 SB's. I don't know how he is defensively, but those numbers are a pretty big upgrade over Joe C.'s.

I also think you can't pick up another 3rd baseman without getting rid of Crede. Joe cannot ride pine, it would ruin any chance he has for a good career. He still shows a few flashes, and we know he can get hot. He has a lot of potential. I personally would have given him up for Williamson and Boone, in an effort to win now, but I can't see giving him up without getting a ton in return.

Well, from what I hear, The Mariners want a 3rd Baseman and they get that in Boone. Thye Reds want young guys for the Future, They get that in Crede, and we want pitching, and we get that in Garcia. Everyone's happy!

Well, from what I hear, The Mariners want a 3rd Baseman and they get that in Boone. Thye Reds want young guys for the Future, They get that in Crede, and we want pitching, and we get that in Garcia. Everyone's happy!

and with that, what do we do without a 3b now and for the future.

and don't the reds have larson in the wings?

Forget about Boone, this offense is fine as is. Crede needs to stay here and play everyday. I'd like to see the Sox get a fifth starter without giving up too much. You don't need Freddy Garcia or Sidney Ponson for your fifth starter. I would be happy enough to get a Kelvim Escobar or a Kevin Jarvis. Get a fifth starter and hang up the phone KW.

I'm not sure of the details of Aaron Boone's contract. I also like Joe Crede and think he will improve. However, I would love to have Aaron Boone in a Sox uniform for the next 5-7 years and I would trade Joe Crede if I thought it would make it possible. Crede has potential. Boone has realized his potential and is producing now. One of the problems with the Sox in my opinion is lack of speed. Boone has speed, power, and the versitility to play other positions. If Kenny Williams can pull it off and get Sullivan I will be very impressed.

Disclaimer: I liked the Koch trade at the time

I'm not sure of the details of Aaron Boone's contract.  I also like Joe Crede and think he will improve.  However, I would love to have Aaron Boone in a Sox uniform for the next 5-7 years and I would trade Joe Crede if I thought it would make it possible.  Crede has potential.  Boone has realized his potential and is producing now.  One of the problems with the Sox in my opinion is lack of speed.  Boone has speed, power,  and the versitility to play other positions.  If Kenny Williams can pull it off and get Sullivan I will be very impressed. 

Welcome, are you available to the Sox with your 103 screwball? :D

I'm not sure of the details of Aaron Boone's contract.  I also like Joe Crede and think he will improve.  However, I would love to have Aaron Boone in a Sox uniform for the next 5-7 years and I would trade Joe Crede if I thought it would make it possible.  Crede has potential.  Boone has realized his potential and is producing now.  One of the problems with the Sox in my opinion is lack of speed.  Boone has speed, power,  and the versitility to play other positions.  If Kenny Williams can pull it off and get Sullivan I will be very impressed. 

Welcome Aboard :headbang

I too would love to see Boone acquired. I think playing him at 3rd with Crede rotating in (Boone ocassionally playing 2nd/1st, etc) and then next year the Sox can go with Boone at 2nd and get a little younger and get draft picks for Alomar.

If Crede is a necessity in the deal, then I think the Sox should get more. I Think Boone is basically forcing his way out and the Reds aren't gonna get much for him.

I too would love to see Boone acquired. I think playing him at 3rd with Crede rotating in (Boone ocassionally playing 2nd/1st, etc) and then next year the Sox can go with Boone at 2nd and get a little younger and get draft picks for Alomar.

If Crede is a necessity in the deal, then I think the Sox should get more. I Think Boone is basically forcing his way out and the Reds aren't gonna get much for him.

Also I think the Reds already have Bradon Larson in thier farm system as a young 3rd baseman. I think we could trade rauch, Diaz, and Ginter for Boone and Sullivan. What the Reds need is pitching and I think they would do that deal to get pitching. You may think that we aren't given up much but we really don't have 2 because, Boone wants out, and the owner wants Sullivan out. If we get Sullivan it allows us to cut White and Boone would be an upgrade at 3rd for this season. Another good thing about Boone as other have said is that he can also play SS, 2nd, and probaly 1st. So next year we would not have to resign both Alomar and valentin just one.

Also this would help us against LHPs. We could have a starting infield of 1st base Konerko, 2nd base Graffinino, SS Boone, and 3rd Crede.

Also I think the Reds already have Bradon Larson in thier farm system as a young 3rd baseman. I think we could trade rauch, Diaz, and Ginter for Boone and Sullivan. What the Reds need is pitching and I think they would do that deal to get pitching. You may think that we aren't given up much but we really don't have 2 because, Boone wants out, and the owner wants Sullivan out. If we get Sullivan it allows us to cut White and Boone would be an upgrade at 3rd for this season. Another good thing about Boone as other have said is that he can also play SS, 2nd, and probaly 1st. So next year we would not have to resign both Alomar and valentin just one.

Also this would help us against LHPs. We could have a starting infield of 1st base Konerko, 2nd base Graffinino, SS Boone, and 3rd Crede.

That would be a very fair deal in my mind. I'd try to hold out to keep some of the pitching, but I'd be more then happy with something like that.

The flaw is Sullivan is on the DL so I think he won't be dealt till after the 31st so he'll have to clear through waivers.

That would be a very fair deal in my mind. I'd try to hold out to keep some of the pitching, but I'd be more then happy with something like that.

The flaw is Sullivan is on the DL so I think he won't be dealt till after the 31st so he'll have to clear through waivers.

I think he comes off tommorow so I think he will be eliglble to get traded.