Dye Coming Back? Sun-Times Article

BigSqwert

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 1, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
he was with frank too

Big Frank is the biggest jerk in person. I saw him in Vegas before too, 2004 & he was on crutches, & he wouldn't take 10 seconds to take a picture... What a

Dumb

Idiot

Careless person

King of the Walks!!!

When I saw him in 2004 it was still in season & couldn't be anymore stand-offish. Like I said, he was on crutches & apparently doing rehab out in Vegas. Of course during the 2005 season when he could no longer play, he was in the dugout & on the bus with the team. I'm so happy this entitled --- ---- never got to play in the World Series!

That guy has something wrong with him. He just can't take the time to be a decent guy. I've seen him blow fans off after the games in the parking lot time, after time. This guy could have this city love him, but he just can't for whatever reason!!!

He must still be bitter about the 2000 playoffs & the 0-13 he hit in three games against the Mariners.

Edited by soxfan-kwman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ May 6, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Big Frank is the biggest jerk in person. I saw him in Vegas before too, 2004 & he was on crutches, & he wouldn't take 10 seconds to take a picture... What a

Dumb

Idiot

Careless person

King of the Walks!!!

When I saw him in 2004 it was still in season & couldn't be anymore stand-offish. Like I said, he was on crutches & apparently doing rehab out in Vegas. Of course during the 2005 season when he could no longer play, he was in the dugout & on the bus with the team. I'm so happy this entitled --- ---- never got to play in the World Series!

That guy has something wrong with him. He just can't take the time to be a decent guy. I've seen him blow fans off after the games in the parking lot time, after time. This guy could have this city love him, but he just can't for whatever reason!!!

He must still be bitter about the 2000 playoffs & the 0-13 he hit in three games against the Mariners.

Frank happily signed a jersey for my sister at a game in Toronto about 12 years ago. He's far from a jerk to fans.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
What do good on-base % and Mark Teahen have to do with one another?

it's not so much that teahen is a great OBP guy, it's that we can't afford to lose what little we have. like someone else mentioned, he's 4th on the team. well, 5th if you include donny lucy who's leading the team.

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)

Dumb

Idiot

Careless person

King of the Walks!!!

After a game once when I was younger, I showed up a a little late as he was signing autographs for fans from his car. He started driving away for a good few seconds and I screamed his name and he actually stopped to sign and was very nice

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ May 6, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
After a game once when I was younger, I showed up a a little late as he was signing autographs for fans from his car. He started driving away for a good few seconds and I screamed his name and he actually stopped to sign and was very nice

I met him outside his house on time. My cousin lives a few streets away from him, and when we were younger we used to ride our bikes passed his gate hoping to see him, and one day we did. He was pretty friendly, but I can imagine he has gone through periods of frustration, and probably taken it out on the fans.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
it's not so much that teahen is a great OBP guy, it's that we can't afford to lose what little we have. like someone else mentioned, he's 4th on the team. well, 5th if you include donny lucy who's leading the team.

Lol - he's in the middle of a pack whose combined on-base % is .313. So the story here isn't that Teahen's particularly good at getting on base. It's that, sadly, many of his teammates have been quite dreadful at getting on themselves thus far in the early going.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 6, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Lol - he's in the middle of a pack whose combined on-base % is .313. So the story here isn't that Teahen's particularly good at getting on base. It's that, sadly, many of his teammates have been quite dreadful at getting on themselves thus far in the early going.

exactly. there are others whose heads should be on the chopping block before his, for the reason you just mentioned. he's just a fun scapegoat for whatever reason.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 5, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
if dye can hit better than .230 average I dont care let him play

JD hasn't taken a competitive swing for eight months. I really don't think he would step in and hit better than .230 for at least a month.

As has been stated many times in these threads; They don't need another right handed bat. If they're going to acquire a hitter he has to be left

handed. Dye doesn't fit for that reason alone.

This year, Sox LH batters have a .250 OBP vs LHP and a .297 OBP vs RHP.

Their slugging % is even worse: .218 SLG vs LHP and a .300 SLG vs RHP.

Berkman would make sense, if you could get him. Although he is a switch hitter, he's better from the left side. His OBP vs right handers is very impressive, and that could really help a lot.