Dye Coming Back? Sun-Times Article

BigSqwert

Calling him dumb while you have "should of" in the same sentence is ironic.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 5, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
His dumb ass should of said this months ago. Would have gotten paid pretty decently with another team by now.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the article makes one realize it is a stretch, but I would welcome J Dye back on this team. What he said rings very true "small ball in nice, but you need a balance" plus he can play 3 positions minimum for the Sox. We need another bat!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Calling him dumb while you have "should of" in the same sentence is ironic.

I'll use green font next time in the first sentence, as I love JD. And please spare me the grammar police crap.

Edited by SoxAce

If you could retire today, would you work for any amount of money just to be working?

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
Funny how Thome doesn't have a problem playing for $1.5 million. JD needs to get over himself. He's old, the market is bad, he can't play defense anymore, and he couldn't hit during the second half of last season. He's not getting Damon money, or even Teahen money.

2nd line....NO, NO, NO Also Dye seems like he'll be better in RF than TCQ

$9 million in incentives? considering he will miss at least 2 months of the season....he would never believe they were attainable

There's no need to trade/release Kotsay...he just shouldn't bat 5th (or 3rd) EVER nor should he play more than 1-2 (max) times per week

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 5, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Reading the article makes one realize it is a stretch, but I would welcome J Dye back on this team. What he said rings very true "small ball in nice, but you need a balance" plus he can play 3 positions minimum for the Sox. We need another bat!

the balance we lack so far is that we haven't played good small ball. we haven't suffered for power, as we are 2nd in the AL in homers. dye doesn't fix a problem that we have.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 6, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
the balance we lack so far is that we haven't played good small ball. we haven't suffered for power, as we are 2nd in the AL in homers. dye doesn't fix a problem that we have.

We're also leading the league in stolen bases. I thought that was small ball.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
If you could retire today, would you work for any amount of money just to be working?

I sure as hell wouldn't go to the media and tell them that I want X amount of money and demand to play a position that I clearly no longer have the skills to play.

I must've missed the memo about us not being allowed to criticize players who say incredibly dumb things to reporters. Are we not allowed to criticize JD for hitting near the Mendoza Line for half of last season (and then blaming it on Kenny for acquiring Rios) while collecting $11 million as well?

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
We're also leading the league in stolen bases. I thought that was small ball.

that's part of small ball. there are many other parts that we have sucked donkey hoofs at.

point taken, though: what we've really lacked is overall hitting, not small ball or long ball.

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 6, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
I sure as hell wouldn't go to the media and tell them that I want X amount of money and demand to play a position that I clearly no longer have the skills to play.

I must've missed the memo about us not being allowed to criticize players who say incredibly dumb things to reporters. Are we not allowed to criticize JD for hitting near the Mendoza Line for half of last season (and then blaming it on Kenny for acquiring Rios) while collecting $11 million as well?

Criticize all you want. So if you could retire tomorrow, would you state under what conditions you would return, or just let employers guess?

QUOTE (Tex @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Criticize all you want. So if you could retire tomorrow, would you state under what conditions you would return, or just let employers guess?

Pro athletes employ these people called agents, whose sole function is to negotiate contracts with prospective employers.

Edited by WCSox

If it's going to take Dye a month to be ready, it's kind of stupid for anybody to sign him for more than 500,000.

It's going to be half a year production and we could be way out of it by the time he's ready.

He blew it by not getting anything done in the offseason.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
If it's going to take Dye a month to be ready, it's kind of stupid for anybody to sign him for more than 500,000.

It's going to be half a year production and we could be way out of it by the time he's ready.

He blew it by not getting anything done in the offseason.

If he signs i'm sure it will be a pro-rated contract