Over/under on KW vote of confidence on Guillen

caulfield12

When is the dreaded "vote of confidence" coming officially from KW (and JR)?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many days until KW issues a vote of confidence through the media?

• After the Royals sweep the Sox with new manager Yost, proving "new blood" can create a quick chemistry change in the clubhouse
    • It never happens, either Ozzie quits or KW quits in frustration or is kicked upstairs to "symbolic" admin post
    • Ozzie and KW fight to death to decide who stays
    • In the next 1-2 weeks
    • At the end of 54-60 games, when we're about 10 GB
    • When The Omar Vizquel and The Juan Pierre both have XB hits in a game
    • After White Flag III trades (1997/2002, 2010)

Totally. He's done a heckuva job this season including optimizing the lineup on a daily basis and managing the bullpen flawlessly.

He goes with what he's got. You want him to throw Thornton every day? To set up and close as well? What bullpen guys you confident in besides Thornton? Optimizing the lineup? What does that mean? How many of our starters have been utter crap? How you going to optimize anything there?

Our team sucks; our manager is fine.

I wish he'd remember the days he played and realize he doesn't have to "rest" guys so much but that's my only beef. I'd rather pick out the best players and play them every day, but that's just me. Maybe he just doesn't have the stomach to watch some of these stiffs play every day and has to sit them for his own sanity.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
How about our starting CF to start with?

We should wait til the season's over to deal with Rios. 2 months of bad baseball and 2 months of good baseball is not enough to judge if he's been fixed.

I agree with the guys saying it's the players' faults for this horses***. We have some really talented pieces here; I just don't see us being that far off. If we are still tanking hard after 60-70 games, I'd like to see some kids up here, find out what we got, and change the look up quite a bit before next year. But some of these guys gotta go. We really aren't that far away if Floyd gets back on track.

I know I'm probably not a good judge for this, but has anyone else noticed how lots of different media sources are talking about a rift between Ozzie and KW? If I didn't know any better, someone in the organization is setting up one of them to be the fall guy.

"After the Royals sweep the Sox with new manager Yost, proving "new blood" can create a quick chemistry change in the clubhouse"

I guess one could argue he left that guy in too long when Peavy pitched. I know if Ozzie did it, the FIRE OZZIE threads would be endless.

Yet I don't get how Ozzie can't give enough playing time to mediocre players like Kotsay. We went thru that when McKowiak was on the team. I hope the only sensible thing behind it is to hope their value increases for trading purposes.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 17, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
"After the Royals sweep the Sox with new manager Yost, proving "new blood" can create a quick chemistry change in the clubhouse"

I guess one could argue he left that guy in too long when Peavy pitched. I know if Ozzie did it, the FIRE OZZIE threads would be endless.

Yet I don't get how Ozzie can't give enough playing time to mediocre players like Kotsay. We went thru that when McKowiak was on the team. I hope the only sensible thing behind it is to hope their value increases for trading purposes.

And who should be getting the playing time? Carlos Quentin has been awful all year. Nix doesn't play 1B. Konerko was out with a stiff neck for a couple games, same with Jones. Would you rather Vizquel get those at bats?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
I know I'm probably not a good judge for this, but has anyone else noticed how lots of different media sources are talking about a rift between Ozzie and KW? If I didn't know any better, someone in the organization is setting up one of them to be the fall guy.

It seems only limited to Chicago. One thing I have noticed the Chicago media can't live without creating some type of soap opera.

I have been a pretty solid Ozzie supporter for years but even I, at this point, am tired of watching the same team, year-in, year-out, since second half 2006.

It's like a recurring mythology of Lost, where you can't even remember where it even begins and when it wasn't this way.

For at least the last three years it's been: we can't hit for sh*t, much less with RISP. Then just as the calls to fire Walker start, they hit just enough to silence everybody... and then it starts all over again. Granted, pitching has its issues but it's absolutely compounded by the fact that we know we won't come back if the pitchers give up any sort of runs--say, more than 1. Except for Peavy, who showed in Texas that even a crappy 5-run first wouldn't stop him from rebounding and being lights-out for the remainder of the game.

At the very LEAST Walk should be the sacrificial lamb--his nine lives should be done. After that, yes, Ozzie--although I wouldn't say blow up the team because on paper, there is no reason these guys shouldn't be much, much better.

But SOMETHING has to change. Unless you want to experience 2007 all over again.