White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread

hogan873

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
Chris Shelton says hi.

i thought they gave up on him too fast. he only played 2 real seasons and had over .800 ops both years. then the next year he didnt even get an at bat!

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
i thought they gave up on him too fast. he only played 2 real seasons and had over .800 ops both years. then the next year he didnt even get an at bat!

They did.. but that is another discussion for another day.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 18, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
He has been very dissapointing for sure. I have to say that I never saw that trade coming

I swear he was in better shape when he played in KC, but that must be just me because no one else has said anything.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
i sincerely hope that Alexi is learning something from Vizquel, because i see no other point to him being on the team.

He has 6 hits, and 5 of them are classified as being "shallow" according to yahoo.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
i sincerely hope that Alexi is learning something from Vizquel, because i see no other point to him being on the team.

He's on this team to be a prime-time bat in the two hole...and to DH when needed.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
He has been very dissapointing for sure. I have to say that I never saw that trade coming

You know the trade wasn't that bad, considering Teahen is hitting below his career norms and the fact we didn't give up much to get him. But the glaring mistake is restructuring his deal for 3/$14 Mil rather than going year for year. It basically handcuffs you if he struggles, which is the case know. You can't trade him, you can bench him and make him an overpaid utility man; and most importantly the money that was used for the deal could've gone to get Damon or someone else the Sox were looking at but didn't have the financial flexibility to do so.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ May 18, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
You know the trade wasn't that bad, considering Teahen is hitting below his career norms and the fact we didn't give up much to get him. But the glaring mistake is restructuring his deal for 3/$14 Mil rather than going year for year. It basically handcuffs you if he struggles, which is the case know. You can't trade him, you can bench him and make him an overpaid utility man; and most importantly the money that was used for the deal could've gone to get Damon or someone else the Sox were looking at but didn't have the financial flexibility to do so.

That's completely false.

PK and Jones both have one homer each in the last 10 games or so. Not going to win many games with them fading off from their hot start. I really feel like now is the time to trade Konerko if you want to maximize his value. The league is going to catch up to him power wise by the early June likely.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (pktmotion @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)

I really didnt understand the urgency to sign him to an extension. The trade was fine but we should have waited to see how he panned out. Its not like he was going to go nuts and warrant big time money.

We have four hits...thats pretty nice.

Yeah we string a couple of hits together almost every game but the same lame result always, NO CLUTCH hitting. I already have a bad feeling about this game, series, and upcoming homestand. And then other games no offense at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
PK and Jones both have one homer each in the last 10 games or so. Not going to win many games with them fading off from their hot start. I really feel like now is the time to trade Konerko if you want to maximize his value. The league is going to catch up to him power wise by the early June likely.

I hope I am wrong but I think Jones is going to fade into Bolivian.

I see him ending up around .240 with 20+ homers.