Gamethread: White Sox(17-24) vs Marlins (22-21) 1:05 PM CSN

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
I heard we'll see him tomorrow night in the ALternate Timeline.

Haha, where he went on to become a NBA player and married to Kate? How many people do you think are going to forget Lost is on tomorrow night and get pissed come Monday morning?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Gotta love the NL. With the Cardinals starting pitching falling apart, be interesting if they get interested in Buehrle come June/July.

That sort of performance is well beyond league differential. I really think the league difference tends to get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overblown. Its not as if the NL is a AAA league for the AL, they are a lot closer than that. If the Sox staff ERA was, say, between 4 and 5 in the weeks prior... the NL is not so bad that it suddenly drops to zero. MB and Floyd have both looked good, and the bullpen has looked good for a few weeks now and most of the season.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
That sort of performance is well beyond league differential. I really think the league difference tends to get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overblown. Its not as if the NL is a AAA league for the AL, they are a lot closer than that. If the Sox staff ERA was, say, between 4 and 5 in the weeks prior... the NL is not so bad that it suddenly drops to zero. MB and Floyd have both looked good, and the bullpen has looked good for a few weeks now and most of the season.

A league is which Carlos Silva and John Ely can dominate = AAAA. Look at these hitters, they act like they've never seen an offspeed pitch. I'm not saying that Floyd doesn't look good though.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
Haha, where he went on to become a NBA player and married to Kate? How many people do you think are going to forget Lost is on tomorrow night and get pissed come Monday morning?

The people that want to watch it know. There are promos everywhere. Hard to miss.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
A league is which Carlos Silva and John Ely can dominate = AAAA. Look at these hitters, they act like they've never seen an offspeed pitch. I'm not saying that Floyd doesn't look good though.

Picking out two pitchers is pretty meaningless. Also, Ely hadn't even seen the majors yet, so you can't really use him to make that comparison.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
Picking out two pitchers is pretty meaningless. Also, Ely hadn't even seen the majors yet, so you can't really use him to make that comparison.

Even Homer Hawk talks about how much easier it is to pitch in the NL. He was talking two weeks ago about how all agents should push their pitchers to sign in the NL.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)

Fine, Jon Garland and Clayton Richard, as well as looking at how much Javy is struggling this year (yet dominated the Mets last night)

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ May 22, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Yeah he is easily the biggest disappointment of the offseason guys. He is a regular player who is playing horrible. Pierre at least has started to play better as of late

People need to give Teahen a chance. He hasn't even played 2 months for the Sox yet. Let him get settled in and adjusted and i think he'll be fine. Look at Rios's first 2 months with Sox. Alot of people wanted him gone. Granted he came in mid-season but there's still an adjustment period no matter what. I'll bet Teahen starts hitting well and has a very good 2nd half.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 22, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
I like Thornton better against righties for some reason, don't know what the numbers show however...

Agreed, his inside fastball to them is more effective than against lefties. I can't believe he was given one hitter.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
good inning gavin...he is on my fantasy league team too, he has been so frustrating, he has so much talent when he can throw that curve for strikes.

I just released him from my fantasy team before last start. Awesome that he had a 7.00 ERA for me, and like a 1.50 ERA not on my team.....