Champions!!!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Wait, so we still think it's awesome that the Bears last championship was 25 years ago? I, for one, don't relish that championship seeing as I'm 27.

I agree with you on that one. I was in first grade and barely remember it.

Wait, so we still think it's awesome that the Bears last championship was 25 years ago? I, for one, don't relish that championship seeing as I'm 27.

Unfortunately thats the way it is in this city and thats how it will be for a long time to come. Thats why all those old 85 Bears are constantly on the radio, TV, making appearances, etc. I'm the same age as you and I agree. Chicago just won't let that team go. All I know is that since 1985, they have won 5 playoff games, and only two since '94.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
I view this as a cub slam more than relishing in the Bears failures.

WHERE IS THE 1981 STING!!!!!!!

The Sting was the first team I ever saw win a championship - they'll always hold a special place in my crusty black heart.

Pato Margetic, Dieter Ferner, Rudy Glenn, Karl-Heinz Granitza, Bret "The Toy Bulldog" Hall, Arno Steffenhagen, Charlie Fajkus, Davey Huson, Franz Mathieu.....

....I could go on.....but I won't, you get my point.

:D

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Chicago is the only city that has championships in all 4 major sports in the last 25 years. 9 titles might be the most for any city over that stretch. And none are the Cubs.

I was hoping it was, but I think New York had 10, damn Yankees. Then again, M-Jeff is the only reason we are so high on the list. LA has 7 (pending game 7), if you count Anaheim they have 9.

Well, its better than not winning one in the last 25 years, isn't it?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
I was hoping it was, but I think New York had 10, damn Yankees. Then again, M-Jeff is the only reason we are so high on the list. LA has 7 (pending game 7), if you count Anaheim they have 9.

New York doesn't have a basketball championship in the last 25 years.

L.A. doesn't have an NFL franchise now, and when they did, it won in '83.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)

Yankees have 5 (right?), Giants have 1, Mets have 1...who else in the last 25 years?

'85 Bears still can't shy away from the spotlight

Former Bear Richard Dent gives his props to the Blackhawks, but in his world, their Stanley Cup title does not compare with the Super Bowl XX title.

"I don't think it ranks up there with our championship," Dent said. "People had a swagger when they talked about our championship because they know we would go out and kick ass and take names and come home with a victory. … There was no doubt. It was all about taking care of business. If (the Blackhawks) play like that over the next three or four years … then you can start talking about other stuff."

If the Blackhawks play like that over the next 3 or 4 years??? Umm, you dumb asses only made it to one Super Bowl, what the hell are you talking about??? These guys are getting to be as annoying as the 72 Dolphins.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
'85 Bears still can't shy away from the spotlight

If the Blackhawks play like that over the next 3 or 4 years??? Umm, you dumb asses only made it to one Super Bowl, what the hell are you talking about??? These guys are getting to be as annoying as the 72 Dolphins.

Seriously. All I ever hear is how that team was supposed to be lined up to become a dynasty and they never even made it back to the Super Bowl.

Those guys are totally bought into their own hype.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
Seriously. All I ever hear is how that team was supposed to be lined up to become a dynasty and they never even made it back to the Super Bowl.

Those guys are totally bought into their own hype.

Well, only one team in the NFL has ever won more games in a season and they had an unbelievable point differential in the postseason, some thing like 90-10. Not sure, but I would guess that is some kind of record.