Your 2010 White Sox All Star- Matt Thornton

smalls2598

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The All Star game is such a joke, lol at some of the selections to this game including ours. I literally would not watch or pay attention to any of it if it weren't so f***ing stupid and decided home field advantage in the World Series. Even there though, the only reason i'll have any interest is we're back in the race now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Final Vote

Konerko

Swisher

Delmon Young

Michael Young

Youk

Rios not even on the final vote list? What a joke. Ortiz has no business being on the team.

Though Votto didn't make the team in the NL, either, which is similarly ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
Wait a minute! I hate the Red Sox. But no Adrian Beltre? He's only been one of the 10 best players in baseball this year. And I'm not surprised at all that Rios/Konerko didn't make it.

Beltre did make it

QUOTE (asmithxc @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Rios not even on the final vote list? What a joke. Ortiz has no business being on the team.

Though Votto didn't make the team in the NL, either, which is similarly ridiculous.

But we get Ty Wigginton and Jose Bautista! When the f*** will MLB abolish the ridiculous rule of every team requiring at least 1 player?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
You sure? I don't see his name here -http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100704&content_id=11909888&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I could have sworn they announced his name during the show. Maybe MLB made a mistake on that list?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
There's a reason why this game really means nothing to a large portion of the fans. It's just real hard to care about something as poorly conceived as the f***ing All-Star game.

It's really a game that in most ways is targeting the less intelligent fans when you look at how it's selected and who generally makes it. I'd have no problem with that and would simply ignore the entire thing but for the fact that it somehow decides who has home field in the f***ing World Series. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (asmithxc @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Podsednik beat out Jeter in 2005. I won't give up yet.

Yeah, but back in 05, the excitement about the White Sox was insane and I suspect we got a lot of help from the anti Yankees crowd in voting as well.