Cliff Lee Traded to Rangers

hi8is

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Was just looking at the Rangers' prospect rankings at Baseball America, their top prospects each year have had a crazy success rate:

2001 Carlos Pena, 1b Rays

2002 Hank Blalock, 3b Rangers

2003 Mark Teixeira, 3b Yankees

2004 Adrian Gonzalez, 1b Padres

2005 Thomas Diamond, rhp Cubs

2006 Edinson Volquez, rhp Reds

2007 John Danks, lhp White Sox

2008 Elvis Andrus, ss Rangers

2009 Neftali Feliz, rhp Rangers

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...010/269402.html

:o

Rangers would basically be like him going to the NL until the playoffs, but the Sox would have to get there first... probably a lot of those NYY leaks were from the Mariners to force other teams hands.

If the NYY don't get Lee or another front line pitcher I could see the Rays winning the div with NYY getting the WC

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Ken_Rosenthal

#Reds have spoken "extensively" to M's about Lee over last 48 hrs, source tells FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi. #Rangers also in. #MLB 5 minutes ago via web

:pray :pray :pray :pray

God I love the fact that "Twins" is not appearing in any of this, hopefully they are not a last minute drop in, even if they are sounds like they are going to have to at least give up a couple of top prospects, but Rangers or NL is perfect

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
This is crazy considering he's supposed to be starting tonight. Let's see if that happens. Go Reds.

good point, but with the all star break coming up if I'm the team trading for him I may want him to start tonight and get a little limited work in, but I believe CC pitched right before he got moved

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
BNightengale

#mlb Now with the Yankees out, it's a clear two-team race for Lee between the Rangers and Reds. 4 minutes ago via web

There Twins aren't being mentioned anywhere.

please let this be true, please oh please!!!! That is a win for the White Sox

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
I REALLY hope he goes to the Rangers. I say this because the Twins have 7 games left w/ the Rangers, the Tigers have 5 games left, and the Sox are DONE with them. The only time the Sox might have to see them is in the playoffs.

excellent point, just the fact that those two have to face that offense again and the Sox don't make me happy!

I REALLY hope he goes to the Rangers. I say this because the Twins have 7 games left w/ the Rangers, the Tigers have 5 games left, and the Sox are DONE with them. The only time the Sox might have to see them is in the playoffs.

And we have 2 series coming up against the hopefully Lee-less Mariners. Nice.

Really good call here.