Lance Berkman traded to Yankees

Heads22

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
Kotsay and Viciedo are the two logical guys to send down once Teahen comes back and IF we make a trade. I get the feeling it might be Lillibridge instead of Kotsay in reality.

I don't think they could honestly keep Kotsay over Lillibrige. Lilly can run and play both IF and OF well, once Teahan comes back, Kotsay is really useless on this team.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
If the goal is a central title and a World Series run then I give Dan Hudson a few starts, see what we've got, and in a few weeks if Berkman and Oswalt are still on a terrible Astros team I offer up Hudson, Flowers, Morel, and another non Dayan prospect and see how much cash the Astros will eat for both of them..

I think they are both FA after next season, so the money from boosted attendance and a playoff run might be able to absorb both contracts with some cash and you can let them walk in another year if need be..

If anything, ide look into that.. but, I think with Oswalt in the rotation and Berkman in the lineup we could make a very serious run at the World Series.. Of course, if Hudson is kickin ass then ide rather we just add a bat and roll with it..

EDIT: Well I just saw the Oswalt wouldn't play for us thing, so nevermind this..

That is a lot of prospective prospects for either one of those guys. There have been some pretty good players traded this last week for far less than that in talent. Why are we so willing to gut our farm system?

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
That would make no sense at all, Kotsay would finally be in a role that he is best suited for, LH pinch hitter.

As long as Mark Kotsay is on this roster he's going to get misused by Ozzie. He needs to be cut for the sake of the team, if a move is made.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
There is no need for a LH pinch hitter if Teahen is on the roster. Not that I think of Teahen as some uber LH pinch hitter.

We don't keep guys for need/performance, we keep them because they're grinders.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
Kotsay and Viciedo are the two logical guys to send down once Teahen comes back and IF we make a trade. I get the feeling it might be Lillibridge instead of Kotsay in reality.

Kotsay will not be sent down

It will be Lilli or Viciedo most likely

If we get Berkman, Kotsay really shouldn't be on this team.

Lillibridge has way more versatility and Berkman takes over everything that Kotsay was doing (playing 1B and DHing on most nights).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
Kotsay will not be sent down

It will be Lilli or Viciedo most likely

If there is a Berkman acquisition, it would have to be both Viciedo and Lilli going down, Ozzie doesn't roll with a 6 man bullpen.

Unless of course they DFA Kotsay.

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
Your phillies source apparently has access to the internet :)

Go back 5 days ago when I posted in the Dunn thread that Oswalt to the Phillies will be done, from the same source.

There is no online source that says we've shifted our focus to Berkman.

Edited by AWhiteSoxinNJ