Lance Berkman traded to Yankees

Heads22

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Yeah, cause I said that, right?

From what I can take out of this whole deadline is that KW wanted Dunn right from the beginning, and was going for Dunn or nothing. Once we fell out of the Dunn sweepstakes (I'm gonna guess it was yesterday afternoon after the Nats said they didn't want Jackson), that's when we heard about Berkman declining a trade here and today when we heard that we were going after Manny.

Yeah. No doubt he was monitoring Berkman for a while, but I don't think he was going after Berkman until he had a good idea Dunn was out of the equation.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
That's exactly what you said. You said you didn't hear any rumors, therefore you were assuming that only Dunn was being talked to/about.

I said:

"So until I hear something official stating that we did go after Berkman earlier in the month, it's not that crazy of an assumption to make that we were focused on Dunn the whole time."

I never said KW didn't start shopping until 2 days before the deadline. I said odds are Berkman was never really a target until later on, closer to the deadline.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
I said:

"So until I hear something official stating that we did go after Berkman earlier in the month, it's not that crazy of an assumption to make that we were focused on Dunn the whole time."

I never said KW didn't start shopping until 2 days before the deadline. I said odds are Berkman was never really a target until later on, closer to the deadline.

If you are going off of what we heard, we heard nothing about anyone but Dunn for the last month. According to that same logic you are using on Berkman, it means all we did was focus on Dunn the whole time.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Yeah, cause I said that, right?

From what I can take out of this whole deadline is that KW wanted Dunn right from the beginning, and was going for Dunn or nothing. Once we fell out of the Dunn sweepstakes (I'm gonna guess it was yesterday afternoon after the Nats said they didn't want Jackson), that's when we heard about Berkman declining a trade here and today when we heard that we were going after Manny.

If you don't think KW knew the asking price for Berkman mid-June, you and I know different KW's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
No one would want Berkman up until the last few weeks, as he had looked terrible at the plate.

Because he's been hurt. He'd have been a reasonable gamble compared to Kotsay even if he hadn't started swinging a good bat.