What Would You Rather Do?

Quin

Decide  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Rather Do?

• Acquire Adam Dunn for a good non-Hudson prospect
    • Acquire Dan Haren for a large package, but keep Viciedo
    • Acquire LaRoche for a mid-level prospect

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Those are very intriguing numbers. But do you guys see Ozzie abandoning his beloved rotating DH for an Adam LaRoche? I think he would for Adam Dunn, but would he play LaRoche enough to post those kind of stats, or just swap him in for what Kotsay does now?

This isn't Ozzie's team, if Kenny gets LaRoche, Ozzie will play him because his boss says so.

We're in the same boat we are always in. teams know we're desperate so if we are going to acquire anybody, it's goodbye to the last of our top prospects.

Is it worth it to just make the playoffs? I don't like our chances of WS w/out Peavy.

I guess Oswalt could take on that missing role.

Dunn: It'll take our biggest minor league prospects or Viciedo/Beckham.

Ozwalt: See above.

It's probably not worth it. KW made too many lousy acquisitions in the offseason instead of meaningful ones.

Edited by greg775

With Peavy out, Viciedo hitting the ball relatively well in the bigs, and AJ leaving as a FA this winter, I would guess that Kenny doesn't make any significant deal by the deadline. This team is just too heavily-reliant on its top prospects right now.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
With Peavy out, Viciedo hitting the ball relatively well in the bigs, and AJ leaving as a FA this winter, I would guess that Kenny doesn't make any significant deal by the deadline. This team is just too heavily-reliant on its top prospects right now.

KW will find a way to do something. I just don't think he deals anyone of our top 4 guys.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
KW will find a way to do something. I just don't think he deals anyone of our top 4 guys.

If he's only willing to part ways with our 5th or 6th best prospect, that "something" is more likely to be a mediocre veteran than an impact bat veteran. Unlike last season, Kenny will likely not have the luxury of taking on a massive contract to offset the fact that he's giving up middle-tier prospects.

Dunn would be great, but he isn't worth all of our few good prospects.

I'm a huge Haren fan, but we need a LH power hitter WAY more than we need an upgrade over Hudson, and Haren will cost all of our prospects, too.

I think LaRoche is a very significant upgrade over Kotsay, and can be had for a couple BS prospects, so I say go for LaRoche.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)

The problem is that once you get out of our top few guys, we have s*** in the minor league system. It is at a time like this that the big injuries have killed us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
The problem is that once you get out of our top few guys, we have s*** in the minor league system. It is at a time like this that the big injuries have killed us.

Especially since the system seemed like it was finally turning around.

Don't forget D2 and Flowers getting their asses kicked at AAA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)

That's why I think KW winds up doing a "Blum" type move, something that helps us out in a small but unexpected way.