Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Yes it is. Although if we planned to trade Flowers to the Nationals, they probably won't take him now.

Nice going Omar.

Meh. I've kind of soured on trading with the Nationals. Anyone who honestly thinks 2 months of Adam Dunn is worth Gordon Beckham is nutters. I'd rather get a lesser bat and a pitcher anyway.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
Capps has no cheap option for next year.

This deal sucks for the Twins. It wasn't their biggest need and they probably just gave away their best trade chip that they were willing to move.

Yes it does, big picture-wise. But for this season, they're better today than they were yesterday. Capps is solid and will help them.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
Meh. I've kind of soured on trading with the Nationals. Anyone who honestly thinks 2 months of Adam Dunn is worth Gordon Beckham is nutters. I'd rather get a lesser bat and a pitcher anyway.

The Twins thought two months of Matt Capps was worth Wilson Ramos. That's almost worse.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
Rios is having possibly the worst night you can have offensively without recording a strikeout.

Yeah, Alex hasn't been his old self for a while now. He's kept the average up, but the power has been bad.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
The Twins thought two months of Matt Capps was worth Wilson Ramos. That's almost worse.

It seems like the teams in our division seem to be overpaying, some one with actual potential for Peralta and now Ramos for Capps; all of the other buyers seem to have been getting the better deals, I'm liking dumb moves by our opponents.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
With the bottom of the order and a 4 run lead I wouldn't mind seeing Liney get the 8th and 9th hitters.

Today's not the day to waste your bullpen.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
I'd rather save the better guys for Hudson's start tomorrow. They'll likely be needed.

Exactly. I would have liked to see Pena in this inning. Linebrink in the next and Santos finishing it up.

If there is a way to save Putz, Thornton, and especially Jenks from work, you do it.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
Exactly. I would have liked to see Pena in this inning. Linebrink in the next and Santos finishing it up.

If there is a way to save Putz, Thornton, and especially Jenks from work, you do it.

I'd replace Pena with Threets in your suggestion.