Mariners (Pauley 0-2, 2.18) @ White Sox (Garcia 9-4, 4.74)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do make the playoffs, you know that Ozzie will argue the reason for that happening was the time he was able to rest/DH Quentin and Paul Konerko, not to mention rotating Pierre, Rios and Ramirez (did he DH once, or maybe it was Lillibridge) out of the field occasionally.

I'll give Ozzie this much...he stuck with those Sunday line-ups for most of 2005 and almost all of our bench players had significant roles in the post-season that year and peformed admirably.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
I love how they still play Your Love whenever Beckham gets a hit.

Gordon said that a lot of fans complained about him changing his song, so he decided to compromise and said he will have them play Your Love if he gets a hit, so in other words, he felt he was not playing well enough to warrant the song, so when he gets a hit he gets rewarded with hearing the song play. ]

It's working.

Gordon Beckham (657 OPS and rising) has finally passed Mark Kotsay in this category.

Hope that run for the 4 run lead we left out there doesn't come back to hurt us...but, with a 17-1 streak at home, we've dodged quite a few bullets. Just don't let up and allow the M's back into this game, please.

Edited by caulfield12

Easily one of the worse trades Kenny has ever made. I realize at the time the compensation was in question, but we traded Ray Durham for Adkins (who had horrendous minor league numbers) and than the A's received valuable picks.

Didn't realize Aubrey Huff was rolling along with a 942 OPS.

He looked so bad with the Tigers down the stretch last year...nobody thought to make that move.

Can the NL really be THAT bad? That's why I worry about bringing in Dunn, not to mention the fact he doesn't want to DH.