Sweep KC Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard.  Siro was one of my favs back in the days. :headbang

In regards to the registration, we hope to have it working much better in a week or two. 

Unfortunately I won't be able to get it fixed until I'm back from my vacation  :)

Have you ever been to Comiskey?

Who else has a bad feeling about this game for Loaiza. I don't know what it is, but it seems whatever we're supposed to do (In this case sweep KC with our best starter) we can't. Some recent examples:

-After riding high with series wins against the Cubs and Twins we lose 2/3 to Tampa and are swept by the Tigers

-Kerry Wood never won a game against the Sox, and this year went against Esteban Loaiza. (Another game featuring a possible sweep). We lose.

-Calvim Escobar has a history of being rocked by the Sox in his career. Easy win we thought, but instead goes out there and pitches well.

-Roy Halladay is hit for 4 ER, and comes close to losing his bid for 15 straight. I thought he would give us trouble all night, but surprisingly the inept defense of Toronto allows those runs.

-Go on a 8 game win streak out of the gates, win 11-2 after the break.

-Actually make the number 1 play of the night on Sportscenter. Second game featured on sportscenter highlights, a topic on Around the horn.

Does anybody else here remember Bobby Valentine saying that the Royals were for real and were going to easily make it to the division title. Herold Reynolds was obsessed over this team too, but I dont hear them saying s*** now.

Who else has a bad feeling about this game for Loaiza.  I don't know what it is, but it seems whatever we're supposed to do (In this case sweep KC with our best starter) we can't.  Some recent examples:

-After riding high with series wins against the Cubs and Twins we lose 2/3 to Tampa and are swept by the Tigers

-Kerry Wood never won a game against the Sox, and this year went against Esteban Loaiza.  (Another game featuring a possible sweep).  We lose.

-Calvim Escobar has a history of being rocked by the Sox in his career.  Easy win we thought, but instead goes out there and pitches well.

-Roy Halladay is hit for 4 ER, and comes close to losing his bid for 15 straight.  I thought he would give us trouble all night, but surprisingly the inept defense of Toronto allows those runs. 

-Go on a 8 game win streak out of the gates, win 11-2 after the break.

-Actually make the number 1 play of the night on Sportscenter.  Second game featured on sportscenter highlights, a topic on Around the horn. 

Does anybody else here remember Bobby Valentine saying that the Royals were for real and were going to easily make it to the division title.  Herold Reynolds was obsessed over this team too, but I dont hear them saying s*** now.

You pessimist! :angry: :lol:

You can call me that, I still think they can win. Just look at the pitching matchups.....it seems Esteban should easily out duel this scrub. And thats when the unexpected happens. Clemens thought he could get number 300 against the Tigers, but he had a no decision.