White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
And why is Laroche not even in the picture? Does anyone think Kenny even asked AZ what they'd be willing to trade him for?

I am disappointed KW didn't claim him, but I have a feeling they would want more than Hudson for him. He performed well there, he has a cheap buyout for 2011, so they wouldnt have to dump his salary like they did EJax, although I think they end up picking up his $7.5 mil option for next season. EJax was awful there this season, so they were probably more willing to get rid of him too.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Ozzie deserves about 80% of the blame for the DH debacle, because it was his call. KW does get some though, for letting Ozzie even have that decision.

And for not helping the team at the deadlines (if there was bats available like you said earlier)

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
And for not helping the team at the deadlines (if there was bats available like you said earlier)

KW tried to get Berkman, but Lance decided he preferred NYY. Tried for Dunn, but the requests were laughably absurd for the return (Beckham). The others, like LaRoche, I have no idea what the other teams were asking for.

I agree Oz is to blame as well, however KW is the GM and it's his job to put a team tht has the nest chance to succeed.I understand agreeing with oz orginally but after half of season seeing Kots blow, it his duty to rectify it. It doesn't matter at this point though. Nothing we can do about it.

Which NL team do we think it is?

I'm going with either the Phillies, Cardnials, or Reds.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Have a source and by the way media letting the info coming out. I mean its not really hard figure out between the lines between heyman, and other sources already letting you know which teams didn't.

He hasn't officially ruled out the Sox yet.

Giants? Padres? not sure.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
I agree Oz is to blame as well, however KW is the GM and it's his job to put a team tht has the nest chance to succeed.I understand agreeing with oz orginally but after half of season seeing Kots blow, it his duty to rectify it. It doesn't matter at this point though. Nothing we can do about it.

Which NL team do we think it is?

I'm going with either the Phillies, Cardnials, or Reds.

Here is why I still have my doubts about it being an NL team - which of those teams would really want Manny to play in the outfield? He's basically a DH at this point. And would they spend that kind of money on a pinch hitter for a month?

I really wonder if some AL team we didn't expect, is jumping in, just to have Manny on the roster for a month of home games. DET? OAK?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
He hasn't officially ruled out the Sox yet.

Giants? Padres? not sure.

Yeah, I found that interesting too - the Sox were the #1 team being talked about, and he didn't specifically say no Sox. Which could mean he has no particularly good Sox sources, which would mean there is no telling.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Here is why I still have my doubts about it being an NL team - which of those teams would really want Manny to play in the outfield? He's basically a DH at this point. And would they spend that kind of money on a pinch hitter for a month?

I really wonder if some AL team we didn't expect, is jumping in, just to have Manny on the roster for a month of home games. DET? OAK?

Maybe it's an NL team willing to take away a big bat from a too close for comfort wild card opponent and not even bothering to play him too much.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)

For 4 million? No way.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
Maybe it's an NL team willing to take away a big bat from a too close for comfort wild card opponent and not even bothering to play him too much.

Except all NL teams would be under the same damocles I listed. They'd have to be ultra-paranoid and rolling in cash to make that move purely to protect themselves from the highly unlikely.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)

There's no way that ManRam on your roster pays $4 million in additional ticket sales in only 1 month if you're out of the race.

their are nl teams that wont care for his defense and just go his bat is all we need and can really help us push to playoffs. its not like every time the ball is going to be hit to him. As long as he can be productive and hit a lot teams will take a chance. It's like T.O., most will say their not interested and them boom their he is on with another team. I though this be season TO finally get shut down by every nfl team.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
You'd think, but I think BigSqwert's theory is equally unlikely.

Its also possible, BTW, that the report of multiple teams is wrong.

also "multiple" isn't an exact word, if it was the Rangers and the White Sox only that's multiple teams