White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
what made that worse was he went on to opine about how the Rangers were interested and acted like they were favorites, basically completely ignoring the waiver process

Also kind of embarrassing was the over-the-top negative turn this thread took based on the reporting of factual information that was in no way inconsistent with the Sox winning the claim.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heyman sounds like a complete jerk. Some people just report what they want to hear rather than what the obvious truth is. To say the Rangers are the favorite makes absolutely no sense because the Sox are clearly ahead of them in the process, and made it pretty clear they would be claiming him.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
all the Greg the Bunny stuff is very good IMO, even the watered down Fox show, it's too bad it never really catches on, and it appears the new MTV show isn't either, very creative and funny stuff!

Milano does multiple voices including Warren and Greg. That guy is gonna break out soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
I'll put my prediction out there... the Sox ship a so-so prospect, no one in the team's Top 10 probably, and cover most but not all of Manny's remaining salary.

I think this is a good call. I think Kenny is gonna offer to take on more of the $ to get Manny here this weekend.

The Sox/Dodger trade history and the deadline trade conversation lead me to believe a trade is in place.

The Dodgers have played better without Manny the last two years so keeping him for a playoff run is not ideal for them.

I think the Sox get him and Denver and Chicago are United hubs he can be here by 3:00 if he really wanted to........I want him to lit up CC's tits tomorrow

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Heyman never tweeted Rangers were the favorite and Sox are out of it btw.

favorite might not have been used, but he wrote an article posted on SI within the last few hours saying Sox were no longer the favorite and Rangers had increased interest going on for multiple sentences about the Rangers and Manny while never once acknowledging the waiver process and how it worked... that is what I am referring

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
I think this is a good call. I think Kenny is gonna offer to take on more of the $ to get Manny here this weekend.

I don't know who noted it or where...but having ManRam in the lineup on the day that you honor perhaps the most vocally outspoken opponent of steroid abuse of the last 20 years in MLB still bothers me. My heart would rather him not arrive until Monday just for that reason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Whats awful is that the waiver deadlines don't include the weekends, even though every team plays on every Saturday & Sunday during the season. That adds two days to the process, the deadline to make a deal with LA would have been Sunday, instead of Tuesday.

The Dodgers are not going to play him if he is going to be moved. If he is injured they are on the hook for the contract. That is why he sat out yesterday afternoon. Also Pods is doing well and Furcal is out they need a leadoff man more than Manny right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I don't know who noted it or where...but having ManRam in the lineup on the day that you honor perhaps the most vocally outspoken opponent of steroid abuse of the last 20 years in MLB still bothers me. My heart would rather him not arrive until Monday just for that reason.

That's a great point, but wins means more than morality to this shallow Sox fan.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/base....html?eref=sihp

here's a link to Heyman's new SI article, can't find a link to the one myself and others were discussing about Rangers/White Sox and the waivers, not sure if he just updates it and it's down.

Fair enought, I just went through his tweets and haven't seen anything. Well, I'm glad we got the claim. Make it happen Kenny.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Fair enought, I just went through his tweets and haven't seen anything. Well, I'm glad we got the claim. Make it happen Kenny.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tml?xid=si_mlb

in fact here's the link to the article most of us think was ridiculous... it is now a 404 unavailable error

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
That's a great point, but wins means more than morality to this shallow Sox fan.

I know, I know, I'm a sellout to laundry too...but I still claim the right to be bothered by this and to chant Steroids whenever he's up.