White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
So the White Sox are going to add a guy who has hair that violates team rules from what I read.

And they are going to have a guy on the team who used roids on a day we are honoring Big Hurt.

Mockery.

I am sure the 23,000 fans that went out there on as a beautiful night as there could be last night to watch a team in the pennant race will agree with you.

Manny Ramirez can do things nobody since Frank Thomas and to some degree not even he could do sorry he did PED's so did other teams. Tehy got Canseco and there was no question there. Teh holier than thou approach is fine but it will not win.....I wonder how many yankee fans want A-Rod gone.

They are not honoring Thomas because he was clean they are honoring him because he hit the s*** of a baseball just like Manny.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
If it is a top 5 prospect of ours (regardless how weak our system is) it would be a horrendous trade. I'd give them no more than Gartrell if it really came to that. Luckily, no one on the 40 man can be dealt. Hell I'd pay them to get Kyle McCulloch out of this system. I'm tired of seeing his name still with us during the old drafting regime personally.

They've had plenty of chances to dump McCulloch.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Balta, I never said I didn't think he took steroids, in fact that's why I said I'm not stupid, with that said..... I was saying he never failed a test ecause of steroids. Obviously he juiced hence the fertility drug, but was pointing out not because of roids.

Yes, he was taking steroids when he tested positive for the fertility drug. He also tested positive for steroids in the 2003 round, reportedly.

There's simply no way of saying "he never tested positive" that isn't going to draw a condemnation from me, because it's wrong.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
I am sure the 23,000 fans that went out there on as a beautiful night as there could be last night to watch a team in the pennant race will agree with you.

Manny Ramirez can do things nobody since Frank Thomas and to some degree not even he could do sorry he did PED's so did other teams. Tehy got Canseco and there was no question there. Teh holier than thou approach is fine but it will not win.....I wonder how many yankee fans want A-Rod gone.

They are not honoring Thomas because he was clean they are honoring him because he hit the s*** of a baseball just like Manny.

I'd like to think they are honoring Thomas for his performance and his class. He is praised throughout baseball and rightly so, for accomplishing his feats, without steroids.

If Manny is here the same night Frank is honored ... that will be hilarious.

Why are the Dodgers so eager to get rid of Manny? I thought less than a year ago he was king of LA?

I hoipe this is just for a month and the bum is gone after that.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
lol, if they end up getting him I would not be shocked if Kotsay is in there against some RHers, would hate it, but not be shocked

If that is the case I will picket in front of Ozzie's home, begging and pleading for him to resign.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
So would Flowers. My money's still on Gilmore.

Boy that would really justify the Vazquez trade wouldn't it? :P I'm gonna say It'll be a pitcher (maybe both) but who is young enough for the Dodgers to like. Someone like Nate Jones (:() or if it's both, a Kyle Colligan type. I hope the spects will be even worse (potential wise) than worse guys, but this is KW.

Edited by J.Reedfan8