White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
The Dodgers are not going to play him if he is going to be moved. If he is injured they are on the hook for the contract. That is why he sat out yesterday afternoon. Also Pods is doing well and Furcal is out they need a leadoff man more than Manny right now.

I meant more that Manny could be in a Sox uniform two days sooner, in case it takes til the deadline to make a move.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
That's a great point, but wins means more than morality to this shallow Sox fan.

You can't think if it that way, and either will the sox. Either way Manny is one of the best RH hitters in this decade, If notthe best. Most anylast and players will agree and have stated it. It would be unique to see the best Sox hitter ever get his number retired and then one of the best hitters of the decade I enjoyed baseball the most debuts.

I'm not stupid, but with that Manny never tests positive for steroids, he got caught take estorgene in what was believe in between cycles. He most likey did roids but never got caught.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
I know, I know, I'm a sellout to laundry too...but I still claim the right to be bothered by this and to chant Steroids whenever he's up.

I know the position you're in Balta, I've kind of leaned towards the "it was so crazy of an era '05 team had juicers on it at least the org made an effort to be vocal about it" side.

Once Manny, Ortiz and A-rod were popped it was done as far as the media went because they have to protect the Red Sox championships and NYY now.

Also, major media just gave themselves a free pass with the "how could we have known?" mantra that is complete B.S. It sucks that it happened I agree, just hope testing is increased as we go forward

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tml?xid=si_mlb

in fact here's the link to the article most of us think was ridiculous... it is now a 404 unavailable error

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5503956

The White Sox were awarded the claim ,White Sox now have until Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. to complete a trade.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
Yeah. His dreads are down to his ass these days. He looks like a tool.

So the White Sox are going to add a guy who has hair that violates team rules from what I read.

And they are going to have a guy on the team who used roids on a day we are honoring Big Hurt.

Mockery.

QUOTE (striker @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Alot of people say baseball isn't an exciting sport but Kenny Williams makes it exciting for Sox fans.

This team has been more boring than recent teams from what I've seen and heard from other sox fans. Manny however would definitely make sox baseball fun to watch again I would think especially with his antics.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
I'm not stupid, but with that Manny never tests positive for steroids, he got caught take estorgene in what was believe in between cycles. He most likey did roids but never got caught.

First of all...the idea that there's any other reason he would be on a women's fertility drug other than coming down off a full steroid cycle is 100% ridiculous and really you look bad every time you say it.

Secondly, he was reportedly a positive test in the 2003 runs as well.

Now you can tell me it doesn't bother you, that you'll cheer for him anyway, whatever. I can respect that opinion. Just don't pretend it didn't happen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
I know, I know, I'm a sellout to laundry too...but I still claim the right to be bothered by this and to chant Steroids whenever he's up.

That guy saying "No Way" in your quote from the 05 team might have been a roider. I believe docsox said there was 2 roiders who did play on that 05 team. Wasn't it fathom who said Rowand was linked before?

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
So the White Sox are going to add a guy who has hair that violates team rules from what I read.

And they are going to have a guy on the team who used roids on a day we are honoring Big Hurt.

Mockery.

Meh. Some of the players who helped Frank win his only World Series ring were probably on roids too.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Who are we going to give the Dodgers in trade for this rental?

That should be interesting.

Flowers? Sale? Viciedo?

All 3 of those names are impossible. You can not trade anyone on the 40 man roster without them passing through waivers themselves.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)

Mockery.

White Sox had juicers on the '05 team, "mockery" at this point associated with MLB and PEDs is too strong of a word IMO...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)

Flowers? Sale? Viciedo?

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)

Flowers? Sale? Viciedo?

Forget Sale or Viciedo, they are not going anywhere, or I'd be shocked if they did.

I think lower level prospects if anything.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
That guy saying "No Way" in your quote from the 05 team might have been a roider. I believe docsox said there was 2 roiders who did play on that 05 team. Wasn't it fathom who said Rowand was linked before?

I have never roided.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)

Flowers? Sale? Viciedo?

If it is a top 5 prospect of ours (regardless how weak our system is) it would be a horrendous trade. I'd give them no more than Gartrell if it really came to that. Luckily, no one on the 40 man can be dealt. Hell I'd pay them to get Kyle McCulloch out of this system. I'm tired of seeing his name still with us during the old drafting regime personally.

Edited by J.Reedfan8