White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

The only way the Rangers have a better shot was of we nor anyone else before us passed on Manny, which didn't happen seeing the reports saying multiple teams claimed Manny ad the Rays an Yanks not being one of those teams. it's pretty obvious one or more NL teams claimed him plus us and most likely the Rangers.

I knew these was doomed with all the hype.the sox are deaperate for attendance and put our name out there to get ppl excited if we got him, great, if not KW saves face and says he tried. Same old BS with this administration. I'm disappointed this didn't happen.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
The only way the Rangers have a better shot was of we nor anyone else before us passed on Manny, which didn't happen seeing the reports saying multiple teams claimed Manny ad the Rays an Yanks not being one of those teams. it's pretty obvious one or more NL teams claimed him plus us and most likely the Rangers.

I knew these was doomed with all the hype.the sox are deaperate for attendance and put our name out there to get ppl excited if we got him, great, if not KW saves face and says he tried. Same old BS with this administration. I'm disappointed this didn't happen.

You can't have that type of attitude just a few days away from your big ceremony. Come on Frank.

I'm not sure if the reports say that or they say they moved on and knew they had no shot... two different things, they could have claimed him but friendly calls to other GMs made it obvious they were trumped

Ugh.

Seriously people, do you really think KW is going to concoct some sort of complex leak to put the Sox on Manny, when doing so and failing makes him and the team look WORSE, not better? I just have to laugh at conspiracy theories where the conspirators have no motivation to do what is suspected of them.

If the Sox are desperate for attendence, you know what they do? ACTUALLY TRY TO GET HIM. Or alternately, get someone else. Or just ignore it. The absolute last thing that makes any sense to do is orchestrate the appearance they tried, when they didn't.

Desperate for attendance so they hyped a name they had no intention of getting and letting fans down? Makes zero sense to me.

Not every move they want to pull off can happen, the Sox have made a lot of big moves during KWs regime... everyone of them? Of course not, even the NYY don't make every move they want to.

Kenny is either sure on landing Manny or is targeting someone else that we have no idea about.

He had to know there is a chance an NL team might claim Manny eliminating us from getting him.

If he's willing to let this team be without any offesive addition then I put the season on his hands, and want him gone if we don't make the playoffs.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
Kenny is either sure on landing Manny or is targeting someone else that we have no idea about.

He had to know there is a chance an NL team might claim Manny eliminating us from getting him.

If he's willing to let this team be without any offesive addition then I put the season on his hands, and want him gone if we don't make the playoffs.

One thing I'd bet the farm on, is that Kenny had multiple layers in whatever his plan was. If he wanted Manny, he had some other idea in mind as a backup.

Of course, that all said, if there were no other upgrade bats even available to him, then there is nothing he can do. If the best he can get is someone nearly as bad as Kotsay, then he has to stand pat, even though i am sure that is not his Plan A.

The mistake with this offense wasn't what happens now - it was going into the season to begin with, with a DH like Kotsay. KW wanted another bat, put the decision on Ozzie (which was KW's mistake), and then Ozzie was Ozzie and made a really bad call. That's where things fell apart, before Opening Day even happened.

I think you guys misunderstood me I was being critical of KW for making his plans so public about Manny. I understand he has limited control over the media but we know and seen he works best when it's quiet.

The attendance part was me simplying pointing out the need for a move like Manny of Hoffman (push for 600 saves) because attendance has blown this season. Were 3.5 outand there was barely anyone at yest. Game and it's the end of August. I was critical of KWs methods this whole season; startting with the Thome decision, blowing gettig a hitter at the deadline, the openess of the drama between him and the guillen family, and now Manny. It's not been like him and the team has suffered because of it.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
I think you guys misunderstood me I was being critical of KW for making his plans so public about Manny. I understand he has limited control over the media but we know and seen he works best when it's quiet.

The attendance part was me simplying pointing out the need for a move like Manny of Hoffman (push for 600 saves) because attendance has blown this season. Were 3.5 outand there was barely anyone at yest. Game and it's the end of August. I was critical of KWs methods this whole season; startting with the Thome decision, blowing gettig a hitter at the deadline, the openess of the drama between him and the guillen family, and now Manny. It's not been like him and the team has suffered because of it.

Ozzie deserves about 80% of the blame for the DH debacle, because it was his call. KW does get some though, for letting Ozzie even have that decision.