Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
Jeez, another hanger. Stop calling for it AJP!

It's all he has other than the fastball, and the fastball is very straight.

That hit was on a straight, 95 mph fastball down the middle.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Just got in and I don't feel like reading 189 posts. How is Jackson doing? Has he been impressive?

Not really. He's gotten by on guts it seems so far, he hasn't really made anyone look bad. Both of his pitches have been hittable.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:18 AM)
It's all he has other than the fastball, and the fastball is very straight.

That hit was on a straight, 95 mph fastball down the middle.

Cooper has his work cut out for him with Jackson. Like you said, he's basically a one-pitch pitcher. He could really use a change-up, as everything is hard with him.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
Just got in and I don't feel like reading 189 posts. How is Jackson doing? Has he been impressive?

not really impressive for a scoreless 3.2 IP ...

biggest thing has been no walks, and our D hasn't helped him much, but hes gotten away with a bunch of hanging sliders....not many hard hit balls though among the bunch of hits

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
What is considered to be Edwin's best off-speed pitch? He seems to have an effective fastball, but I haven't seen the good off-speed to go with it. It certainly isn't the slider this evening.

His slider last year was world-class. This year, the results have been mediocre.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
not really impressive for a scoreless 3.2 IP ...

biggest thing has been no walks, and our D hasn't helped him much, but hes gotten away with a bunch of hanging sliders....not many hard hit balls though among the bunch of hits

Fine with me. Jackson will die with the walk. If he's getting the fastball over, we will always have a chance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Not really. He's gotten by on guts it seems so far, he hasn't really made anyone look bad. Both of his pitches have been hittable.

Jhonny says hi. But yeah I'm not impressed.

QUOTE (Bhay99 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
Jhonny says hi. But yeah I'm not impressed.

True. He had one really good slider on the outside half that Peralta tried to pull and looked bad. His next at bat, Jackson threw that same pitch to start the at bat off and Peralta lined it the other way and barely missed a double.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
Throwing lots of strikes, great fastball, mediocre slider, giving up lots of hits.

Cmon...give the guy a break. Half of the tigers' hits were cheap Twins like singles. Imo he is pitching quite well. No walks and lots of hangers on the breaking balls.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
True. He had one really good slider on the outside half that Peralta tried to pull and looked bad. His next at bat, Jackson threw that same pitch to start the at bat off and Peralta lined it the other way and barely missed a double.

Bottom of 5th seems to be very dangerous for Jackson.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
Cmon...give the guy a break. Half of the tigers' hits were cheap Twins like singles. Imo he is pitching quite well. No walks and lots of hangers on the breaking balls.

And half of the outs were on hangers.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)

Haha, and I think my review was most positive out of the bunch :)