Sox @ Twins SLUMPBUSTER SPECIAL THREAD 9/18

Steve9347

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
you think the twins laugh there asses off at this team?

No, and I will tell you why: 2005 World Series Championship

However, it's quite obvious that they do play with far more confidence against us than we do against them.

I have no idea why.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
No, and I will tell you why: 2005 World Series Championship

However, it's quite obvious that they do play with far more confidence against us than we do against them.

I have no idea why.

I doubt many Twins players think of 2005 and the White Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
I doubt many Twins players think of 2005 and the White Sox.

I'll bet they do, since it was the last Championship to come out of this division.

You ask any athlete what they consider more important, DA. More playoff appearances or more titles. The Twins know damn well as much as they take this division, that we managed to make it count recently, while they have not.

Also, there is obviously game 163 on 2008.

I highly doubt the Twins or Ron Gardenhire laugh at us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Wow is AJPathetic....RELEASE THE CASTRO!

1 positive of this horrible stretch of baseball that is going to take us quickly out of the picture as fast as that winning streak got us in it, is that we know AJP won't be back... and honestly thats a good thing, not that I gaurantee whoever plays their next year will outproduce him.. but a change is needed. So dissapointed with ozzie's managing lately.. which is pretty normal, but usually it doesn't matter and he wins me over to the point of why change him out. However, i'm at my wits end with him lately, with that kotsay decision yesterday that i will never ever ever get over. The Thome thing was pointless and gay, but deserving because you cannot waste an out and opportunity like ozzie did with kotsay vs. a lefty.

Side notes:

1st. The "cool it down" peeps really need to just LET IT GO, its a freakin message board, more than 50% of the posts are going to be DRAMATIC and sometimes stupidly over the top, but why can't you just let that go, and reply to the posts you like, having 3x the posts because you can't take the pessimism and then the whiners whine that you don't have to respond, then you responding back just makes this like site like a marriage, too much wasted time arguing over nothing. Honestly, when things are going good, its overly nice on here, with what has happened the last week.. obviously the posts are going to be a little drab.

2nd. "if" (ha) we win, awesome.. but after we most likely lose this game.. i'm down for waiver goodbyes if possible. I wouldn't call it a white flag whatsoever, we have alot of veterans playing like AAAA guys anyway, replacements will not drag this team down any more than it is.

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
1st. The "cool it down" peeps really need to just LET IT GO, its a freakin message board, more than 50% of the posts are going to be DRAMATIC and sometimes stupidly over the top, but why can't you just let that go, and reply to the posts you like, having 3x the posts because you can't take the pessimism and then the whiners whine that you don't have to respond, then you responding back just makes this like site like a marriage, too much wasted time arguing over nothing. Honestly, when things are going good, its overly nice on here, with what has happened the last week.. obviously the posts are going to be a little drab.

QFT, the whining about the whining is really annoying.