Sox @ Royals, Sox @ Royals, 8/21 x 2

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about out of analogies, superlatives, sarcasm, etc on this team and season, just too exhausting riding their roller coaster. When it's not your year, one needs to know when to cut their losses, so that's what I have to do now. May and June were pretty nice once I tuned out of the Sox and had literally lost count of how many games back they were. I could put my energy in some productive matters, and not spend nights in anxiety or days replaying what went wrong, just moved on.

Is it possible they can rebound, well yes, anything is possible, but it's certainly not worth the price of admission at this point. Tonight's game for me spoke more volumes than any past this season. It affirmed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we are unable to win past the halfway mark in a game, so if by some absolute miracle half of MN goes on the DL and we slither into the playoffs, it would be a waste of a spot since we'd be massacred by the AL East opponent. It would be better, and it pains me to say this, have 3 teams from the AL East in the playoffs, at least fans would get to see teams fight to win games, and not have their manager pitch to an unconscious hitter who single handedly brought his team back, when first base is wide open with men on second and third. I still hope they make it but can't spend the remainder of this month and September agonizing in vain

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:16 AM)
I'm about out of analogies, superlatives, sarcasm, etc on this team and season, just too exhausting riding their roller coaster. When it's not your year, one needs to know when to cut their losses, so that's what I have to do now. May and June were pretty nice once I tuned out of the Sox and had literally lost count of how many games back they were. I could put my energy in some productive matters, and not spend nights in anxiety or days replaying what went wrong, just moved on.

Is it possible they can rebound, well yes, anything is possible, but it's certainly not worth the price of admission at this point. Tonight's game for me spoke more volumes than any past this season. It affirmed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we are unable to win past the halfway mark in a game, so if by some absolute miracle half of MN goes on the DL and we slither into the playoffs, it would be a waste of a spot since we'd be massacred by the AL East opponent. It would be better, and it pains me to say this, have 3 teams from the AL East in the playoffs, at least fans would get to see teams fight to win games, and not have their manager pitch to an unconscious hitter who single handedly brought his team back, when first base is wide open with men on second and third. I still hope they make it but can't spend the remainder of this month and September agonizing in vain

I will say this...one more bad week for the Sox, and KW needs to be looking to deal players instead of acquiring guys off the waiver wire.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:55 AM)
:angry: :angry:

That is pathetic.

Our relief corps just wants to make sure everyone of them has had the chance to blow the game by giving up the bomb or a two out hit in the oppositions last at bat.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 03:23 AM)
But remember he was to be our answer at 3B and was even signed to an extension. Yeah right!

It's sad what we have to show for the 5 big trades we've made in last two years. Who would have thought Pierre would be the best trade?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
It's sad what we have to show for the 5 big trades we've made in last two years. Who would have thought Pierre would be the best trade?

Good point. It's really impressive that Juan has put up a .350 OBP when that includes the first month of the season where he did almost nothing.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:28 AM)
Good point. It's really impressive that Juan has put up a .350 OBP when that includes the first month of the season where he did almost nothing.

I questioned the move when it was made, but Juan is a gamer