Sox @ Royals, Sox @ Royals, 8/21 x 2

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral of this season's story:

A lot of us said that it was a miracle, albeit a pleasant one, we were in the race at the all star break.

I mentioned I was hoping we would treat it as a new season and MAKE SOME MOVES to improve the team.

We did nothing but swap Jackson and Hudson and no matter what we are hoping, we are NOT IN THE RACE.

Unless Minnie has a complete meltdown it's over.

All because the management was fooled into standing pat.

(I realize they had a deal for Lance which was turned down by Lance; that would have been the wrong guy anyway).

Hopefully in the future the Sox will become a team that adds players during the season. Last year we added Rios and Peavy; one worked out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:20 AM)
Moral of this season's story:

A lot of us said that it was a miracle, albeit a pleasant one, we were in the race at the all star break.

I mentioned I was hoping we would treat it as a new season and MAKE SOME MOVES to improve the team.

We did nothing but swap Jackson and Hudson and no matter what we are hoping, we are NOT IN THE RACE.

Unless Minnie has a complete meltdown it's over.

All because the management was fooled into standing pat.

(I realize they had a deal for Lance which was turned down by Lance; that would have been the wrong guy anyway).

Hopefully in the future the Sox will become a team that adds players during the season. Last year we added Rios and Peavy; one worked out.

The moral of the story is that this team wasn't constructed to compete in the American League.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Excellent decision to have Jackson pitch in a game that obviously wasn't going to play out. Now we lose 2 today and wipe out our pen for tomorrow.

Yep should have just had one of the position players throw some bp to the Royals yesterday. Unreal that they wasted Jackson yesterday.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:23 AM)
Excellent decision to have Jackson pitch in a game that obviously wasn't going to play out. Now we lose 2 today and wipe out our pen for tomorrow.

I cannot believe anyone still supports Ozzie. This team really sucks, as we cannot even contend in the AL.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)

Ozzie Guillen is really becoming the dumbest manager alive. This is 2 games in a row where he's managing for the NEXT game. f*** the next game. Win the game you're in now. Linebrink's ass should have been warmed up before this inning started.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:24 AM)
Ozzie Guillen is really becoming the dumbest manager alive. This is 2 games in a row where he's managing for the NEXT game. f*** the next game. Win the game you're in now. Linebrink's ass should have been warmed up before this inning started.

Yeah, what game is he actually going to manage to win?