Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
You're right...it was the 1 out that did it! Never mind he had to pitch to two of our best hitters, Rios and Konerko, and neither could do anything.

Not buying your brand on this one, sorry.

Our 2 best needed to get the job done and then some, neither did.

Ozzie gave up 1 out (if that's what happened, Vizqul may have done that on his own), but our 2 best gave up the other 2 outs with bad at bats.

We're playing for 3 runs, not one freaking run. I'd be a lot more upset with Rios and Konerko if there were 2 men on base. And it's one thing to make an out by letting the other pitcher beat you. It's another thing to literally give the opposition an out by picking up a bunted ball and throwing you out.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
You're right...it was the 1 out that did it! Never mind he had to pitch to two of our best hitters, Rios and Konerko, and neither could do anything.

Not buying your brand on this one, sorry.

Our 2 best needed to get the job done and then some, neither did.

Ozzie gave up 1 out (if that's what happened, Vizqul may have done that on his own), but our 2 best gave up the other 2 outs with bad at bats.

Playing for a run when you are down three with 12 outs left in tha game is never a good move. I do not care if Gehrig and Ruth were coming up.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Manny is thinking, "hmm, traded from the 'LA' Staying Home in October's, to the Chicago Staying Home in October's"

"But if I stay healthy at DH for a month and hit the ball a lot, I can maybe score one more contract".

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Playing for a run when you are down three with 12 outs left in tha game is never a good move. I do not care if Gehrig and Ruth were coming up.

I'm not saying it was a decision I'd make, however, two of our best hitters failed huge there, so they need some of the blame, too.

My thoughts on why bunting guys to 2B or 3B in this offense doesn't work:

We have a team of tightass mental midgets. When you force a guy like Rios or Konerko or Alexei or just name somebody, they get tightass when the pressure is on them to HAVE to get the run in, because the bunt implies that Ozzie wants the next two guys to come through with a hit.

Let the hitters swing the bat with a runner on first or second with no outs and they play loose because there's no f***ing pressure on a single player to get the run in

It sucks that we have a lineup of chokers but it is what it is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
We're playing for 3 runs, not one freaking run. I'd be a lot more upset with Rios and Konerko if there were 2 men on base. And it's one thing to make an out by letting the other pitcher beat you. It's another thing to literally give the opposition an out by picking up a bunted ball and throwing you out.

What I said to the guy above this post -- I don't agree with the bunt decision either...but you guys let off Rios and Konerko when they failed. I refuse to blame Ozzie while letting everyone else fail, like you all did. :P

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
"But if I stay healthy at DH for a month and hit the ball a lot, I can maybe score one more contract".

I was thinking that it seems almost impossible to imagine any situation in which the Sox bring back Manny. If he performs well, he'll want a hell of a lot more money than we'd want to give him. If he performs poorly, it will likely cause a lot of negative feelings in the organization and they wouldn't be interested in bringing him back.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)

You musta missed a many Sox vs. Twins games where the Twins used that strategy.