Godzilla?

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
I'm not following...how so?

Quentin can't possibly play in the field on a regular basis after seeing how much of a disaster he is there? And we also know Matsui can't. So if Matsui comes in, he'd be the DH, which means Q can't DH.

But that is solely based upon the fact that I don't want Q to be an everyday outfielder. He can play every once in a while but not more than once or twice a week.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Quentin can't possibly play in the field on a regular basis after seeing how much of a disaster he is there? And we also know Matsui can't. So if Matsui comes in, he'd be the DH, which means Q can't DH.

But that is solely based upon the fact that I don't want Q to be an everyday outfielder. He can play every once in a while but not more than once or twice a week.

I agree with that 100%...I just hope the Sox see what we all see as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Any near-full-time DH signing would push quentin back into RF, and that sounds like a bad plan.

It would be nice to have 9 gold glovers on defense but that ain't gonna happen. CQ is serviceable in RF and we need to stick with our talent. He can do it! Repeat the mantra

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
It would be nice to have 9 gold glovers on defense but that ain't gonna happen. CQ is serviceable in RF and we need to stick with our talent. He can do it! Repeat the mantra

Really, last year, he flat out wasn't serviceable. If he'd hit .280 and 40 HR, he might have been serviceable, but that'd be because his offense was carrying it. He was just awful, and it likely contributed to his struggles at the plate as well (through injuries).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)

If by serviceable, you mean the worse or 2nd worse right fielder in baseball, than you are correct.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
You guys underestimate CQ's abilities as a fielder. He has a very good throwing arm and is improving in the field

I can live with Quentin in left field, but as of now we have Pierre there. Quentin has a strong arm but he's not very accurate with it and has absolutely zero range and gets even better reads/jumps on balls. He is an utter train-wreck in right field and that is coming from someone who always felt people were harsher on Dye than he deserved.

Dye was bad out there, but he at least got good reads and made all the routine plays. The problem was he was old and had no range.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
You guys underestimate CQ's abilities as a fielder. He has a very good throwing arm and is improving in the field

I will grant you that some improvement could be possible with time...but the key issue for me is...I think that if you put him out there, he keeps getting hurt, and every time he hurts a leg or something his range gets worse.