OBAMA/TRUMPCARE MEGATHREAD

Texsox

I appreciate that man, I really do, but first of all I'm sure you at least triple if not quadruple my income on your own. Does your wife work? I know you're slightly older than me ;)

So its ok for you to get his money because he works harder than you? Damn right you appreciate it man, hes allowing your parasitic lifestyle.

The mentality of the poor is so annoying. If you actually worked as hard as the rest of us you wouldnt be so willing to pay more. You just dont have any concept money because like some teenager from Wilmette driving a German luxury sedan to New Trier, you dont have any idea what goes into making that wealth just that youre entitled to a cut.

Youre not allowed to say youd pay more if you could, you cant. You cant relate to the rest of us who support you.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
Well, for the most part I agree with you here.

IF something good comes out of this, then great. The problem is, however, if this turns really bad, we will still be stuck with it, or some bastardized form of it...it's not like we live in a world where we shift on a dime when things go bad. Instead, we try to bandaid the problem over and over by throwing gobs of money at it, while fixing nothing.

Take a look at education...the US spends more money than anyone in the world and we have one of the worst school systems in existence.

Believe me I'm with you 100% on that. I hope it goes well, too, but as I've been saying a lot over the last couple days - the only people we have to thank for a less than stellar bill is the GOP who refused to cooperate, debate, discuss, negotiate and compromise back in 2009/10/whenever this thing was passed the first time. If both sides had TRULY been interested in creating a bill to help the American people and reform healthcare for the better, we'd have had it. Unfortunately one side was only interested in seeing Obama fail. McConnell has admitted to this.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
So its ok for you to get his money because he works harder than you? Damn right you appreciate it man, hes allowing your parasitic lifestyle.

The mentality of the poor is so annoying. If you actually worked as hard as the rest of us you wouldnt be so willing to pay more. You just dont have any concept money because like some teenager from Wilmette driving a German luxury sedan to New Trier, you dont have any idea what goes into making that wealth just that youre entitled to a cut.

Youre not allowed to say youd pay more if you could, you cant. You cant relate to the rest of us who support you.

Duke, do you know Reddy personally to make those types of egregious claims?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)

I make $25 an hour. Remind me what you make?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
Fair enough. I assume, then, that you make enough money to support a family of four? If that's the case, then frankly I wouldn't be surprised if you DO make 8x what I do! Or if not 8x, you're insuring FOUR people for $400 while I'm insuring just one. I don't really see what there is to complain about to be honest.

I'm not complaining. I'm actually on your side on this one. That's why I'm saying don't b**** just to b**** because something good is happening for you, just because a few Duke's get under your skin or disagree with what's going on.

I don't mind paying a higher cost for my insurance to help others in this regard. I don't think anyone should be bankrupted by a bad luck draw. I don't, however, want to help those that DON'T draw bad cards, but lay great ones down and pick up bad ones on purpose through a crap lifestyle. And that's also what's happening here. So, while I do like some of this law, I don't like all of it.

And I'm probably a lot older than you as I'm 38.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
I make $25 an hour. Remind me what you make?

Sometime doesn't add up here. How did you get a $50/month policy making $52k a year? If you make that much and only pay that much for health insurance, you're part of the problem here.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
Sometime doesn't add up here. How did you get a $50/month policy making $52k a year? If you make that much and only pay that much for health insurance, you're part of the problem here.

I don't work 40 hours a week because I freelance and I'm doing the actor thing. Me not making $52K/year does not = me not working my ass off.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)

That assumes he works 40 hours every week.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
I'm not complaining. I'm actually on your side on this one. That's why I'm saying don't b**** just to b**** because something good is happening for you, just because a few Duke's get under your skin or disagree with what's going on.

I don't mind paying a higher cost for my insurance to help others in this regard. I don't think anyone should be bankrupted by a bad luck draw. I don't, however, want to help those that DON'T draw bad cards, but lay great ones down and pick up bad ones on purpose through a crap lifestyle. And that's also what's happening here. So, while I do like some of this law, I don't like all of it.

And I'm probably a lot older than you as I'm 38.

Aw you're not much older than me. I'm 27. Heck I've even got a thing with a 37 year old executive director of an acclaimed professional orchestra - so I'm not completely ignorant your trials and tribulations. :P

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Aw you're not much older than me. I'm 27. Heck I've even got a thing with a 37 year old executive director of an acclaimed professional orchestra - so I'm not completely ignorant your trials and tribulations. :P

Cougar hunter...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)

Well, being more than a decade younger is quite a bit.

The thing about this is, however, while I'm able to afford the cost increases, a lot of people can't. While the exchanges seem to have helped you, quite considerably, others have found their premiums go way up.

Part of the problem with "freedom" is you can lead a horse to water ... but it's free to not drink. I don't mind helping a person such as yourself, because you live an honest life, and take good care of yourself. But what of the Cheetos munching slob that's going to have diabetes in a few years because of the FREEDOM he has to eat bad, never exercise, etc...you do realize that by the letter of this law, WE have to help that guy just as much...and he's actually part of the reason costs keep going up.

Now, believe me, I'm not against freedom...I'm glad people have to choice to do those things. I just wish people wouldn't. :)

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
Well, being more than a decade younger is quite a bit.

The thing about this is, however, while I'm able to afford the cost increases, a lot of people can't. While the exchanges seem to have helped you, quite considerably, others have found their premiums go way up.

Part of the problem with "freedom" is you can lead a horse to water ... but it's free to not drink. I don't mind helping a person such as yourself, because you live an honest life, and take good care of yourself. But what of the Cheetos munching slob that's going to have diabetes in a few years because of the FREEDOM he has to eat bad, never exercise, etc...you do realize that by the letter of this law, WE have to help that guy just as much...and he's actually part of the reason costs keep going up.

Now, believe me, I'm not against freedom...I'm glad people have to choice to do those things. I just wish people wouldn't. :)

I absolutely agree with you that this bill is not the total solution. It's far from perfect, and it doesn't solve the real problem of why the hell does health care cost so damn much? I can go in and get my vocal cords scoped which takes all of 5 minutes as they shove a camera up my nose, and if I weren't insured that incredibly difficult 30 second procedure costs over $700. That's asinine. That's what's really broken about our system.

I don't work 40 hours a week because I freelance and I'm doing the actor thing. Me not making $52K/year does not = me not working my ass off.

Oh man, this pisses me off a lot. If I wasnt just going to take the penalty I'd be furious paying for your care. "Doing the actor thing", motherf***er thats your choice. Dont go asking other people to make up for the fact it doesnt support your lifestyle.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
Oh man, this pisses me off a lot. If I wasnt just going to take the penalty I'd be furious paying for your care. "Doing the actor thing", motherf***er thats your choice. Dont go asking other people to make up for the fact it doesnt support your lifestyle.

Duke... wow man. You really need to chill out.

Duke... wow man. You really need to chill out.

Am I wrong? Dude doesnt make any money (though who really knows now since he let it slip hes just gaming the system), chooses to live in the most expensive place in America, has frivolous medical expenses like having his vocal chords checked then complains about the people subsidizing this life of his?

You want to be a struggling actor in NYC? Fine. Thats your choice, but you gotta own it if you go that route. Its complete bulls*** that the rest of us make all these sacrifices to do a fraction of what we want while this guy cries poor living in New York.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
Am I wrong? Dude doesnt make any money (though who really knows now since he let it slip hes just gaming the system), chooses to live in the most expensive place in America, has frivolous medical expenses like having his vocal chords checked then complains about the people subsidizing this life of his?

You want to be a struggling actor in NYC? Fine. Thats your choice, but you gotta own it if you go that route. Its complete bulls*** that the rest of us make all these sacrifices to do a fraction of what we want while this guy cries poor living in New York.

It's not frivolous, as he suffers from a form of a GERD like condition.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)

You can be upset man but calling him names because of what he chooses to do with his life is just crass. He's doing what he wants to do and he's not sitting on his hands. Hopefully one day, his work will pay dividends as he'll be the next Brad Cooper or something. You should be pissed at the people who are capable of work but seriously sling dope all day and milk the system. Those are the true parasites.

Edited by pettie4sox

No system is going to be perfect. No matter what system you put in place, you're going to have some people who legitimately need help and aren't going to get it, and you're going to have others soaking up all kinds of benefits they don't really need. The goal is to try to make the system as good as we can, but as long as we continue to single out the handful of outliers on either side as our reason for making (or not making) changes, things aren't going to improve.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)

Thanks. Appreciate this.

Duke you make so many assumptions based on absolutely no information. You might want to step back and consider that every now and again you don't have the full story. But I know, that would mean trying to be reasonable, and we can't have that now.

Something's gotta give then. Im sorry Reddy, really I am that whatever GERD is f***s with your life. But thats not my problem. I shouldnt have to pay for it.

I want to live on 50 acres in the middle of nowhere with my guns and an army of Mazda Miatas to swap V8's into. Thats my dream, yours is being an actor in New York. The difference is Im going to have to work myself to near death driving this truck for 10 years to make that happen. Its infuriating that you get to do what you want living off money that isnt yours while I have to endure 3 or 4 months away from home at a time risking my life to make what I want a reality. All the while my rate of saving is slowed and the timetable gets pushed back years because some of what I make has to get diverted into the pot you leech off.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)

Question for you: do you like television? Movies? Video games?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Something's gotta give then. Im sorry Reddy, really I am that whatever GERD is f***s with your life. But thats not my problem. I shouldnt have to pay for it.

I want to live on 50 acres in the middle of nowhere with my guns and an army of Mazda Miatas to swap V8's into. Thats my dream, yours is being an actor in New York. The difference is Im going to have to work myself to near death driving this truck for 10 years to make that happen. Its infuriating that you get to do what you want living off money that isnt yours while I have to endure 3 or 4 months away from home at a time risking my life to make what I want a reality. All the while my rate of saving is slowed and the timetable gets pushed back years because some of what I make has to get diverted into the pot you leech off.

Sounds to me like someone's complaining about their chosen lifestyle. :)

Question for you: do you like television? Movies? Video games?

I dont really like TV, some movies are cool, video games turn me into a sloth so I gave them up years ago.

I answered your question, now make the post everyone knows is coming.