2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
There are some rumors that the British woman, Catherine Tate, will get the new manager role. She did stick out since all the other guest interviewees were big names (Carrey, Romano, Arnett, Spader), but I certainly hope that's not true because she was awful - probably the worst segment of the entire episode.

Spader was good.

That episode was terrible. Maybe if the writer's focused on writing good episodes instead of working with tv/movie stars it would have been better. I don't understand why they can't just focus on the characters they have instead of using these stupid gimmicks. I though the Ferrell episodes were terrible as well.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
That episode was terrible. Maybe if the writer's focused on writing good episodes instead of working with tv/movie stars it would have been better. I don't understand why they can't just focus on the characters they have instead of using these stupid gimmicks. I though the Ferrell episodes were terrible as well.

Generally, they were. And I thought last week's episode, without any lame guest spots, was quite good.

I sure hope the job goes to Andy or Darrell. If it's that brit lady I won't tune in... I did not enjoy her schtick.

I did enjoy the "fingerlakes" storyline, they should have played that up more during the episode.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
The Killing has turned out to be a mediocre show. It had a lot of promise but didn't achieve its potential.

I'm so bored by it now. I FWD thru a lot of it. Last nights ending was pretty good but otherwise, ugh.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I'm so bored by it now. I FWD thru a lot of it. Last nights ending was pretty good but otherwise, ugh.

I like it except for all the emotional scenes between the parents, and how we still aren't sure why they follow the political race so much. Like half the show is about the race for congressman. Why? I just want to see the investigation.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Im not to optimistic as in the previous episode Tosh said something to the effect of: "It took us 2 years to get this guy and Im not sure it was worth it."

Makes me think that the segment may be lame.

That doesn't sound right. I remember the 2 years thing but not the other part.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Im not to optimistic as in the previous episode Tosh said something to the effect of: "It took us 2 years to get this guy and Im not sure it was worth it."

Makes me think that the segment may be lame.

I thought the same thing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I think milkman's phrasing is more correct than mine, either way it wasnt a glowing review.

I'd take it more as self deprecation than an actual review of the next episode.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
We shall see but my interpretation of the comment was that the guy wasnt all that interesting. Which makes sense as hes not a comedian or entertainer.

You mean like every other web redemption he's ever done?