2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
Wouldn't someone else being there provide more distraction? Usually I can never watch a serious show with more than like 1 or maybe 2 other people.

1 or 2 is perfect. I just find it hard to make myself commit an hour to it by myself. Someone else watching with me would motivate me.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
1 or 2 is perfect. I just find it hard to make myself commit an hour to it by myself. Someone else watching with me would motivate me.

I definitely like someone else to watch the same show as me so I can have someone to bounce ideas off of. Unfortunately, hardly any of my friends/family watch the same shows as me. :(

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Anyone else think Tosh.0 has been on the decline the season? I have enjoyed the web redemptions, but the rest of it seems to be more extreme instead of funny.

Yeah, but it also could be because I am not at school getting drunk with friends watching it. Hell, I hardly ever remember to watch anything when I'm not at school. We have Wallyball Tosh Tuesdays at school, so it's kind of hard to forget.

So I tried watching The Tudors last night on Netflix.

Season 1, Epiosode 1 starts off "Previously on The Tudors" and then shows like 1 or 2 minutes of all this quick information and important looking scenes. Is this really how the series starts, or has Netflix misnamed the episodes? I watched like 10 minutes and couldn't figure out really what was happening. It started with a play being rehearsed, and Rhys-Meyers naming some guy as Duke.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
You think so?

I thought it was a good twist, but I'm just pissed we STILL don't know who killed her. Is the ENTIRE series going to be about this one case? I think that Gwen and Holder are working together though.

That is why I am mad. I struggled through the last 6 weeks of this show just so it would be revealed and they didn't deliver. Looks like my suspicion was right though but wasnt set in stone.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
You think so?

I thought it was a good twist, but I'm just pissed we STILL don't know who killed her. Is the ENTIRE series going to be about this one case? I think that Gwen and Holder are working together though.

From the article Krush posted...

Can you say whether Rosie’s murder will be solved in Season 2?

We will solve the investigation of who murdered Rosie Larsen in season 2, and there will also be a second case that will emerge next season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
It really sucks that Game of Thrones wont be back until next Spring, I may even pick up the first book just to bide my time because thats a long damn time.

It's sooo damn good, and I know what you mean, just want to find out what's going to happen. They got me hooked.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)
AV Club's scathing review of last night's The Killing.

It is a pretty funny article, and pretty spot on for the most part. I like this part, because I laughed out loud at the exchange as well.

The scene between Gwen and Linden, which actually had potential, was a dud. (“He was wet, soaking wet.” “What do you mean?” “Like he'd been in water.”)