LET'S MAKE A LIST: Best 2010 Music

Rex Kickass

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
You write that a lot. I'm not sure what we are supposed to do with that info.

Ignore it? Not be a jerk about it? I dunno, I'm just stating my stance on current music.

EDIT: Just looked, and I have one other post mentioning that topic. Not sure what you're getting at.

Edited by Milkman delivers

Yikes, I've heard of maybe 5 of those artists. Kanye turned me off forever with a combination of Graduation, the s*** opus after that, and his unwarranted ego, so I haven't given the new one a chance yet- if ever. Eminem seemed burned out during much of Encore, and the only new song of his I've heard is terrible (I'm not afraid), probably my least favorite song of his (I'd rather listen to skits off his first cd).

Didn't any of the Wu-Tang guys release anything (or Wu-Tang in general for that matter)? Always some substance on a Ghostface album...

I liked the Arcade Fire cd. Only other new cd I listened to this year was Slash's solo album, which was good but not great. Having only listened to two 2011 releases I didn't feel qualified to vote. I appreciate the list though. I would have never been able to guess more than 3 on it so it's a good outline of what to keep an eye out for.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
Didn't any of the Wu-Tang guys release anything (or Wu-Tang in general for that matter)? Always some substance on a Ghostface album...

Ghostface released Apollo Kids in December. I would recommend it.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
Yikes, I've heard of maybe 5 of those artists. Kanye turned me off forever with a combination of Graduation, the s*** opus after that, and his unwarranted ego, so I haven't given the new one a chance yet- if ever. Eminem seemed burned out during much of Encore, and the only new song of his I've heard is terrible (I'm not afraid), probably my least favorite song of his (I'd rather listen to skits off his first cd).

I liked the Arcade Fire cd. Only other new cd I listened to this year was Slash's solo album, which was good but not great. Having only listened to two 2011 releases I didn't feel qualified to vote. I appreciate the list though. I would have never been able to guess more than 3 on it so it's a good outline of what to keep an eye out for.

Encore wasn't that good, there were maybe 3 or 4 songs I liked off it. That being said, Relapse and Recovery are both very different albums. Nothing like the style he portrayed in Encore. Relapse was fair, but Recovery was really good. And I'm Not Afraid is one of my least favorite songs from the new album. If you used to like Em and that's the reason you haven't given it a shot, I'd suggest giving it a listen. You might be surprised.

And I agree about Kanye. He's a douche. But his music is still pretty great. I just have to separate Kanye the artist from Kanye the human being.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

Finally some people that agree about Kanye.

I was only a VERY minor Kanye "fan" (and fan of rap/hip hop in general) I liked a few songs, but never thought his lyrics were anything the special, the music was cool.

But his personal life is just off the charts annoying. I'm shocked a person exists that can be that big of a tool, it seems like a character. It's such an unbelievable turn-off to his music, I don't see how anyone can separate his personal life from his music, they're so intertwined. So, as good as critics say the album is, I will never give it a listen. I have absolutely zero desire. If that album cured cancer and gave free puppies to everyone on earth I'd still pass.

Also, a totally different rant, but this one may just be something only I believe, but his album came out in NOVEMBER, most top album lists come out in early-mid December yet he was on the top of a lot of them. It takes me MONTHS and numerous spins to full appreciate an album, sometimes years after it comes out I love it more, but it seemed kinda weird that an album so late in the year would top everyone's lists. (Though I won't deny that some albums you hear once and you instantly fall in love, so maybe that was the case, who knows)