Bears versus Packers game thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
If you never posted about Maynard again, I wouldn't be upset.

Cause I want a punter who's not dead last in average yard per punt in the NFL? Anyways, he's not the issue here. Bears need to get Knox more involved, as he's only receiver who can get open down the field. Cutler's throwing a lot of passes into coverage, and it's a pick 6 waiting to happen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Cause I want a punter who's not dead last in average yard per punt in the NFL? Anyways, he's not the issue here. Bears need to get Knox more involved, as he's only receiver who can get open down the field. Cutler's throwing a lot of passes into coverage, and it's a pick 6 waiting to happen.

Do you even watch the games? I'd be willing to bet more than 1/2 his punts are in the opposition's territory when he's trying to pin them in the 20. Which he does nearly every time. Come on dude. He's one of the better punters in NFL history.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
Do you even watch the games? I'd be willing to bet more than 1/2 his punts are in the opposition's territory when he's trying to pin them in the 20. Which he does nearly every time. Come on dude. He's one of the better punters in NFL history.

Sure, he was one of the better. But to say he still is would be just as stupid as how you judge me saying he sucks now.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Feel free to not address my point.

And I'm sure there's numerous other punters who punt a lot in the same situation as Maynard does (opponent's territory, etc). It's when he has to unload on punts where he really struggles.