*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
When I'm going good, an example week for me will be:

Mon: legs

Tues: 3-5 mile run

Weds: tris/shoulders/chest

Thursday: core(pretty short day, only about 20 minutes)

Friday: back/bis

Saturday: HIIT

Sunday: active rest(usually bball)

And when I really start going crazy ill add in cardio after all my lifting sessions as well.

Good call on the long term goals as well, all my goals are always extremely short sighted.

yeah that's the biggest mistake people make. They want to get in shape for (Fill in the Blank). An event, a vacation, a reunion, etc. But who gives a s*** about that? After it's over, then what? When you've got a big-picture goal, it never goes away.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Trading my xbox for a a real nice treadmill, and buying 120 pounds of weights for 20 bucks! (In a hawk voice) I loveee Craigslist!

Awesome man, can really get some work done now :D

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Happy this thread got bumped. Since I moved to the city my diet and work out schedule has been god awful.

I'm getting back at it tomorrow though so hopefully this thread being around will keep me motivated.

Very frustrated at myself as I've been so obsessed with my fitness for the last 2 years, researched everything and anything and just have gone back to living my college life the last month and a half.

No more f***in excuses, need to get back to where I was.

I write a fitness blog called "No Excuses" ;)

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
I write a fitness blog called "No Excuses" ;)

Thats awesome. Some people need to understand how much better you feel and how much your life opens up if you try to take care of your body. Simple things around the house are easier with better flexibility and overall better core strength.

If you take care of your body it should take care of you. You will also be quite a bit happier and more confident.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Thats awesome. Some people need to understand how much better you feel and how much your life opens up if you try to take care of your body. Simple things around the house are easier with better flexibility and overall better core strength.

If you take care of your body it should take care of you. You will also be quite a bit happier and more confident.

I love Tony Horton!

I've started working later in the day because of a new job and I have started with my workouts at 6 AM...definitely changes up your day...I am definitely much more engaged at work, not tired, no more need for coffee, etc.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
I love Tony Horton!

I've started working later in the day because of a new job and I have started with my workouts at 6 AM...definitely changes up your day...I am definitely much more engaged at work, not tired, no more need for coffee, etc.

i honestly would follow him to the ends of the earth.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
I love Tony Horton!

Ha! Is that where I got that from? It's very true though, and I am trying to live by that as much as possible including really cutting down things in my diet as well as alcohol (the hardest part).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Ha! Is that where I got that from? It's very true though, and I am trying to live by that as much as possible including really cutting down things in my diet as well as alcohol (the hardest part).

Yep..."Take care of your body and your body will take care of you."

Kenpo, I believe :)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)

No thanks on the alcohol part...I enjoy a drink now and then. ;) That said, while I will sometimes drink every day for weeks straight...I will only have 1 drink, or 2 beers.

Some of this is true only if everything happens to go right in your life. I took very good care of my body throughout my 20's...I ate low fat, watched my carb intake, worked out 5-6 days a week, including cardio...and I came down with a debilitating issue in my 30's that put me in so much pain I couldn't work out or do much in the way of physical activity for a good 2 years...for no actual known reason. Doctors (a multitude of which examined me), said it's pretty common but affects different people to a different degree...and I just happened to be affected very painful way in which doing most things physical just wasn't going to happen.

I took excellent care of my body...and in this case, my body did NOT take care of me, is the point I'm making. And throughout my 20's while my friends were doing drugs/drinking an excessive amount, I did the opposite...and look what happened. They never experienced what I had to experience in my 30's...and it made me question everything people like Tony Horton like to sell.

Sometimes, it's all chance...

The part I WILL agree with, 110%, is that if you take care of your body, so long as you are free of genetic or hereditary defect (roll the dice), you WILL live a higher quality of life...but there is still a lot in life that healthy people tend to take for granted. I know I did until what happened to me happened to me. As I've said multiple times on here...there is a vast difference between health and fitness.

I'm back to about 99% now...after some surgeries, etc...but I have to say...just because you're in shape...it doesn't mean much. It can all disappear in an instant from some health hazard you have no idea about...yet.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
No thanks on the alcohol part...I enjoy a drink now and then. ;) That said, while I will sometimes drink every day for weeks straight...I will only have 1 drink, or 2 beers.

Some of this is true only if everything happens to go right in your life. I took very good care of my body throughout my 20's...I ate low fat, watched my carb intake, worked out 5-6 days a week, including cardio...and I came down with a debilitating issue in my 30's that put me in so much pain I couldn't work out or do much in the way of physical activity for a good 2 years...for no actual known reason. Doctors (a multitude of which examined me), said it's pretty common but affects different people to a different degree...and I just happened to be affected very painful way in which doing most things physical just wasn't going to happen.

I took excellent care of my body...and in this case, my body did NOT take care of me, is the point I'm making. And throughout my 20's while my friends were doing drugs/drinking an excessive amount, I did the opposite...and look what happened. They never experienced what I had to experience in my 30's...and it made me question everything people like Tony Horton like to sell.

Sometimes, it's all chance...

The part I WILL agree with, 110%, is that if you take care of your body, so long as you are free of genetic or hereditary defect (roll the dice), you WILL live a higher quality of life...but there is still a lot in life that healthy people tend to take for granted. I know I did until what happened to me happened to me. As I've said multiple times on here...there is a vast difference between health and fitness.

I'm back to about 99% now...after some surgeries, etc...but I have to say...just because you're in shape...it doesn't mean much. It can all disappear in an instant from some health hazard you have no idea about...yet.

here's the crazy thing. while yes, genetics are hard to avoid, just by eating right (and i mean ACTUALLY right, not what typical americans think of as "healthy") you can avoid all SORTS of diseases - even diseases you're genetically predisposed to.

I'm talking antioxidants, pre and probiotics, vitamin K, fermented foods, organic veggies, free-range chicken, grass-fed beef, non-farmed fish, non-enriched flour, no processed foods etc etc.

Why do you think people in aboriginal societies have such a LOW rate of cancer and other mega-diseases? Because they eat REAL FOOD. That's it. That's the difference.

Yes you can't bring the risk to zero, but you can come pretty damn close.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
here's the crazy thing. while yes, genetics are hard to avoid, just by eating right (and i mean ACTUALLY right, not what typical americans think of as "healthy") you can avoid all SORTS of diseases - even diseases you're genetically predisposed to.

I'm talking antioxidants, pre and probiotics, vitamin K, fermented foods, organic veggies, free-range chicken, grass-fed beef, non-farmed fish, non-enriched flour, no processed foods etc etc.

Why do you think people in aboriginal societies have such a LOW rate of cancer and other mega-diseases? Because they eat REAL FOOD. That's it. That's the difference.

Yes, some. However you cant fight genetics to a degree which is why my knees got f***ed up, also one of my friends who actually runs a healthy eating company and literally changes peoples lives just came down with lung cancer, never smoked in her life. Crazy s***.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
Yes, some. However you cant fight genetics to a degree which is why my knees got f***ed up, also one of my friends who actually runs a healthy eating company and literally changes peoples lives just came down with lung cancer, never smoked in her life. Crazy s***.

totally. crazy s*** does happen.

however, how do you explain food+exercise correcting curvature in the spine in scoliosis patients, even though traditional medicine and doctors say there's nothing that can be done about scoliosis once you're an adult? there's a lot that a proper diet can do to heal your body. doctor's just don't want you to know that because they're in the business of selling drugs.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
totally. crazy s*** does happen.

however, how do you explain food+exercise correcting curvature in the spine in scoliosis patients, even though traditional medicine and doctors say there's nothing that can be done about scoliosis once you're an adult? there's a lot that a proper diet can do to heal your body. doctor's just don't want you to know that because they're in the business of selling drugs.

You don't explain it...exercising and strengthening muscles can help with things like this...but sometimes it does nothing at all. I guarantee there are far more stories where eating properly and exercising did nothing to trump genetics than it did to help it. You simply don't hear about them...but go to any local hospital to check the facts. While 1 patent may have destroyed cancer and credited it to eating properly and exercising...most every patient facing a life or death disease does the same...only a majority of them lose the war. They simply don't make very good stories...so you rarely hear about them.

Like I said...I ate right...and a lot of what you recommended really has no scientific proof behind it...for example, probiotics...may or may not do anything. While I happen to believe they do something...I just happen to have a bottle of them here with me...notice the FDA won't recommend them...because for every person it seems to help, there is a person it does nothing for in their testing. The fine print is pretty clear: * This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.

When various products actually do the things they claim to do...the FDA says so. And no, I don't believe everything the FDA says...but you shouldn't believe everything product X says, either. A lot of life is luck. Be thankful you've had it so far...because if the day comes you ever are stricken with something like I've been in my past...or Rock has been, for another example...all the eating right and exercising isn't going to help...because you're already eating right and exercising. You will NOT beat genetics the majority of the time...sadly.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
You don't explain it...exercising and strengthening muscles can help with things like this...but sometimes it does nothing at all. I guarantee there are far more stories where eating properly and exercising did nothing to trump genetics than it did to help it. You simply don't hear about them...but go to any local hospital to check the facts. While 1 patent may have destroyed cancer and credited it to eating properly and exercising...most every patient facing a life or death disease does the same...only a majority of them lose the war. They simply don't make very good stories...so you rarely hear about them.

Like I said...I ate right...and a lot of what you recommended really has no scientific proof behind it...for example, probiotics...may or may not do anything. While I happen to believe they do something...I just happen to have a bottle of them here with me...notice the FDA won't recommend them...because for every person it seems to help, there is a person it does nothing for in their testing. The fine print is pretty clear: * This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.

When various products actually do the things they claim to do...the FDA says so. And no, I don't believe everything the FDA says...but you shouldn't believe everything product X says, either. A lot of life is luck. Be thankful you've had it so far...because if the day comes you ever are stricken with something like I've been in my past...or Rock has been, for another example...all the eating right and exercising isn't going to help...because you're already eating right and exercising. You will NOT beat genetics the majority of the time...sadly.

1) The FDA is not the be all end all. I don't think Eskimos have an FDA approving their diet. And they don't get cancer (hyperbole).

2) Scientists and the government and the FDA have absolutely NOTHING to gain by doing studies into probiotics or any other supplement because it will take away from their pharmaceutical sales. Come on man.

3) You talked about people facing a deadly disease trying to eat right and exercise... that's a bit late don't you think? i'm talking long-term preventative stuff here. Not some wacky "changed my diet this month so now I'm gonna be free from cancer" crap.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
1) The FDA is not the be all end all. I don't think Eskimos have an FDA approving their diet. And they don't get cancer (hyperbole).

2) Scientists and the government and the FDA have absolutely NOTHING to gain by doing studies into probiotics or any other supplement because it will take away from their pharmaceutical sales. Come on man.

3) You talked about people facing a deadly disease trying to eat right and exercise... that's a bit late don't you think? i'm talking long-term preventative stuff here. Not some wacky "changed my diet this month so now I'm gonna be free from cancer" crap.

Like I said...I did it way before hand...and it didn't prevent what happened, not even a litte. What happened to me, by all accounts of how good I took care of myself throughout my 20's, should not have had any chance of happening...but not only did it happen, it happened in a very bad way.

It's not really a statement of fact you're making...yes, you can prevent things by eating right and exercising...but the odds of you preventing something you're predisposed too may go from 10% to 30%...which are much better odds...but there is still a 70% probability you're going to get what's coming. The way you're making it sound, is that by eating right and exercising, you're knocking the odds down 99%...that' just not remotely true. You do not defeat genetics/predisposition that easily.

You're still a very young man...I can tell by the way you talk, very optimistically, and I can further tell you take your health for granted. So did I. So do most people who have never had something out of their control debilitate them. Because you don't know what it's like. I'm not talking about some sports injury you had a part in occurring, such as a twisted ankle, or a broken arm. I'm talking about coming down with something you cannot heal by resting or eating properly. I'm talking about coming down with something regardless of how well you've taken care of yourself. For example, what Rock is experiencing sounds like cartilage degeneration...that's genetic...and no amount of eating properly or exercising is going to do much about it. A friend of mine has chronic arthritis, and I mean severe heavily medicated level...he's only 34 years old. Eating broccoli and exercising did nothing for him...and does nothing for him.

A lot of it is luck...luck you seem to have to this point. Luck Tony Horton sure as hell has.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)

1) You can *possibly* lessen your chances of said diseases by eating right. That's as far as science backs you up on this. No farther.

2) Some of this is true, some if it unproven, and some of it is false. Antioxidants have been studied and shown mixed results at best in actual studies: (http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/antioxidant4.htm). Organic foods are not proven to be any better for you than their inorganic counterparts...and at times can even be worse, as organic foods still contain pesticides...only they must contain organic pesticides...which can be worse for you than their synthetic counterparts. That said, other variations of organic foods, if they are actually organic foods, can be a healthier choice. Unfortunately, since the organic craze started, the corporations have joined this bandwagon and have bastardized the meaning of the word, so most of the organic foods you see today don't meet actual criteria to be called that...but they're called that anyway. Yes, grass fed beef is better for you. Non-farmed fish is still an iffy proposition, because how do you know the mercury content or where the wild fish has been, or what waters it was exposed too? Free range chickens and their eggs are also proven worse for you than their caged counterparts, as free range chickens are exposed to fecies/manure-borne diseases...but they're a great marketing ploy that get people to pay 2x+ for eggs or meat that are no cleaner/safer or nutritionally better. We agree on enriched flour and heavily processed foods, however...

3) They also have lower life expectancies regardless. I'd need to show citations on this...but last I looked via the Australian census, aboriginals tend to live 8-10 years less than their western counterparts. I can't speak for Eskimos, however...I do not know their life expectancy...and I doubt they eat much processed food. Whatever it is, however, I doubt it's more than the average American...and we live in one of the top 2 most obese societies in the world. The longer we live, the longer we are exposed to coming down with one of these mega-diseases. That's just the law of averages.

4) No, you can't. You can possibly decrease it by some percentage points...but to zero? If you want to make statements like this...where is/are the scientific studies backing it?

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
It's sounds to me like Reddy has gotten his hands on "In Defense of Food," by Michael Pollan.

Y2H, do you think you would have been worse off had you not taken great care of yourself in your twenties?

No, it was because of where it happened (randomness), swelling which happened to press against nerve clusters in my solar plexus. It was random chance, nothing more. Had this occurred mere millimeters elsewhere, the pain would have been minimal.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Like I said...I did it way before hand...and it didn't prevent what happened, not even a litte. What happened to me, by all accounts of how good I took care of myself throughout my 20's, should not have had any chance of happening...but not only did it happen, it happened in a very bad way.

It's not really a statement of fact you're making...yes, you can prevent things by eating right and exercising...but the odds of you preventing something you're predisposed too may go from 10% to 30%...which are much better odds...but there is still a 70% probability you're going to get what's coming. The way you're making it sound, is that by eating right and exercising, you're knocking the odds down 99%...that' just not remotely true. You do not defeat genetics/predisposition that easily.

You're still a very young man...I can tell by the way you talk, very optimistically, and I can further tell you take your health for granted. So did I. So do most people who have never had something out of their control debilitate them. Because you don't know what it's like. I'm not talking about some sports injury you had a part in occurring, such as a twisted ankle, or a broken arm. I'm talking about coming down with something you cannot heal by resting or eating properly. I'm talking about coming down with something regardless of how well you've taken care of yourself. For example, what Rock is experiencing sounds like cartilage degeneration...that's genetic...and no amount of eating properly or exercising is going to do much about it. A friend of mine has chronic arthritis, and I mean severe heavily medicated level...he's only 34 years old. Eating broccoli and exercising did nothing for him...and does nothing for him.

A lot of it is luck...luck you seem to have to this point. Luck Tony Horton sure as hell has.

and i can tell you're bitter that things didn't work out for you, but you're making a lot of assumptions.

i've been dealing with vocal problems for the last 9+ months now. and that's no small issue for an actor and singer. I wasn't able to audition for jobs at all for months. It strained me financially (not working, paying for therapy, etc), it strained me mentally and emotionally, and it put strain on my relationship. It's something I'm still fighting with. You see guys with vocal cords of steal who trash their voices and sing a rock show the next day, no harm done. Well that ain't me. Because of Laryngeal Reflux coupled with abuse of my voice, I've gotten into this neverending cycle of: cords are hurt so they produce mucus. cords covered in mucus so I can't sing as well. can't sing as well so I strain my muscles to make it work. strained muscles create more mucus. over, and over, and over.

Life ain't rainbows and unicorns for me either, so quit making judgments.

That is what spurred me to start living healthy. To exercise. To eat well. So far, both of those things are having an incredibly positive effect on my voice. Things aren't near perfect yet, but they're getting there.

And for the record, I'm not talking about eating broccoli. I think you and I have two very different concepts of what it means to eat well. Unless it's organic broccoli it's devoid of most nutrients anyway and full of pesticides. I'm talking things like coconut, flax, quinoa, chia seed, camu-camu, goji berry, acai, ginko, i could go on and on and on. (and yes for those of you keeping score at home, many of those things are in Shakeology). It's eating most of your carbs from veggies. It's not eating flour or bread or bagels or crappy processed foods. It's eating fermented foods to make sure you've got GOOD bacteria living in your gut. It's eating a healthy ratio of omega-3s to omega-6s, something hardly ANY American does. You're telling me you did ALL THAT? For the 15+ years up until your issue? (not counting when you were a kid obviously).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
No, it was because of where it happened (randomness), swelling which happened to press against nerve clusters in my solar plexus. It was random chance, nothing more. Had this occurred mere millimeters elsewhere, the pain would have been minimal.

So what if you would have been a lazy fat slob? Wouldn't have mattered?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
and i can tell you're bitter that things didn't work out for you, but you're making a lot of assumptions.

i've been dealing with vocal problems for the last 9+ months now. and that's no small issue for an actor and singer. I wasn't able to audition for jobs at all for months. It strained me financially (not working, paying for therapy, etc), it strained me mentally and emotionally, and it put strain on my relationship. It's something I'm still fighting with. You see guys with vocal cords of steal who trash their voices and sing a rock show the next day, no harm done. Well that ain't me. Because of Laryngeal Reflux coupled with abuse of my voice, I've gotten into this neverending cycle of: cords are hurt so they produce mucus. cords covered in mucus so I can't sing as well. can't sing as well so I strain my muscles to make it work. strained muscles create more mucus. over, and over, and over.

Life ain't rainbows and unicorns for me either, so quit making judgments.

That is what spurred me to start living healthy. To exercise. To eat well. So far, both of those things are having an incredibly positive effect on my voice. Things aren't near perfect yet, but they're getting there.

And for the record, I'm not talking about eating broccoli. I think you and I have two very different concepts of what it means to eat well. Unless it's organic broccoli it's devoid of most nutrients anyway and full of pesticides. I'm talking things like coconut, flax, quinoa, chia seed, camu-camu, goji berry, acai, ginko, i could go on and on and on. (and yes for those of you keeping score at home, many of those things are in Shakeology). It's eating most of your carbs from veggies. It's not eating flour or bread or bagels or crappy processed foods. It's eating fermented foods to make sure you've got GOOD bacteria living in your gut. It's eating a healthy ratio of omega-3s to omega-6s, something hardly ANY American does. You're telling me you did ALL THAT? For the 15+ years up until your issue? (not counting when you were a kid obviously).

You are absolutely right in that I shouldn't be making judgements. I apologize for doing so. And you have my sympthies for going through what you've gone through.

But you again lean on organic. Inorganic foods have the SAME vitamin quality as their organic counterparts. I'm not sure where you've hear they don't.

Yes, throughout my 20's, I ate properly, steamed veggies, brown rice, boneless skinless chicken, egg whites, salmon, fish oil, etc...all of it. That's unfortunate for me and anecdotal at best, but that's what happened.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
1) You can *possibly* lessen your chances of said diseases by eating right. That's as far as science backs you up on this. No farther.

2) Some of this is true, some if it unproven, and some of it is false. Organic foods are not proven to be any better for you than their inorganic counterparts...and at times can even be worse, as organic foods still contain pesticides...only they must contain organic pesticides...which can be worse for you than their synthetic counterparts. That said, other variations of organic foods, if they are actually organic foods, can be a healthier choice. Unfortunately, since the organic craze started, the corporations have joined this bandwagon and have bastardized the meaning of the word, so most of the organic foods you see today don't meet actual criteria to be called that...but they're called that anyway. Yes, grass fed beef is better for you. Non-farmed fish is still an iffy proposition, because how do you know the mercury content or where the wild fish has been, or what waters it was exposed too? Free range chickens and their eggs are also proven worse for you than their caged counterparts, as free range chickens are exposed to fecies/manure-borne diseases...but they're a great marketing ploy that get people to pay 2x+ for eggs or meat that are no cleaner/safer or nutritionally better. We agree on enriched flour and heavily processed foods, however...

3) They also have lower life expectancies regardless. I'd need to show citations on this...but last I looked via the Australian census, aboriginals tend to live 8-10 years less than their western counterparts. I can't speak for Eskimos, however...I do not know their life expectancy...and I doubt they eat much processed food. Whatever it is, however, I doubt it's more than the average American...and we live in one of the top 2 most obese societies in the world. The longer we live, the longer we are exposed to coming down with one of these mega-diseases. That's just the law of averages.

4) No, you can't. You can possibly decrease it by some percentage points...but to zero? If you want to make statements like this...where is/are the scientific studies backing it?

so many things to say.

1. I don't trust government subsidized science all that much when it comes to food.

2. Agree on organic. Disagree on fish/chicken. Caged chicken eat corn. Corn provides zero nutrients but makes them fat. So you get big ole breasts and half the nutritional value. Fish that swim in the ocean have more muscle mass and a better omega 3/6 ratio than their farmed counterparts. Farmed fish are lacking in color (salmon) because they're lacking in nutrients and are much fattier - and not with the good kinds of fat.

3. Our life expectancy in America is driven up by all the invalids in hospitals who can't f***ing do anything but thank god they're still ALIVE!!!! You should die when you should die, and in aboriginal cultures they do.

4. I didn't say zero. I said close. Still probably hyperbole, but I do that - you may have noticed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
So what if you would have been a lazy fat slob? Wouldn't have mattered?

Not sure, it's possible the same exactly thing would have happened, or because of size difference in my body, those nerves would never have been touched. Either way, I wouldn't have wanted to live like a lazy fat slob, I still don't...but I'm also not under some false impression that you can easily defeat genetic defect or predisposition just by eating organic food.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
Not sure, it's possible the same exactly thing would have happened, or because of size difference in my body, those nerves would never have been touched. Either way, I wouldn't have wanted to live like a lazy fat slob, I still don't...but I'm also not under some false impression that you can easily defeat genetic defect or predisposition just by eating organic food.

yeah we need to stop using the word organic because you're right, it has been bastardized. i'll definitely agree with you on that. it's just a fast way for me to express "non genetically modified". How bout that? GMO-free. I'll use that instead.

GMO's are f***ing awful.